Disarmed and my weapon/shield disappeared

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Disarmed and my weapon/shield disappeared

User Info: dmarine

dmarine
5 years ago#1
In Bleak Falls Barrow, a Dragur Death Lord disarmed me of my sword and shield. Luckily, I had a war hammer handy and was barely able to defeat him. I was lvl 19 at the time. After obtaining the word from the word wall and grabbing all of the loot, I went in search of my sword and shield. I equipped a torch and searched the ground for about 15 minutes in wider and wider circles around the area and couldn't find my gear! Not a huge deal as it was only a steel sword and shield (both flawless). However, later in the game, this may be a problem with enchanted gear.

When you are disarmed, does your gear simply vanish?

User Info: GHarris91

GHarris91
5 years ago#2
Nope, it drops to the ground, near your feet.

Doesn't the Shield just get unequipped though?
Gnome warriors are bizarre. When your average human can defeat a warrior by punting him over a field goal post, it's weird - pegusus123456

User Info: ShaDowHunTer458

ShaDowHunTer458
5 years ago#3
No they do not just drop at your feet, i lost a pair of enchanted daggers,they dissappear in BFB for some reason,

User Info: digUbetterdead

digUbetterdead
5 years ago#4
your weapons drop to the ground where you were disarmed at, as the others said. and i can confirm that shields only get unequpped and stay in your inventory.
PSN: LoveLikeJazz
O(+>

User Info: Citrate1007

Citrate1007
5 years ago#5
They never disappear, but it is possible that the game glitched and they dropped through the floor to be forever lost to clipping.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: ShaDowHunTer458

ShaDowHunTer458
5 years ago#6
Citrate1007 posted...
They never disappear, but it is possible that the game glitched and they dropped through the floor to be forever lost to clipping.

if i can no longer have them in my inventory and equip them, they dissappeared, plain and simple

User Info: dmarine

dmarine
5 years ago#7
Yes. They definitely disappeared and were not directly where my feet were. I was standing on the altar when I was disarmed and as I said, I searched in concentric circles for about 15 minutes. I looked ALL over the altar area as well. Since it is solid rock and light colored, they would have stuck out very prominently during my search.

What a pain.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
5 years ago#8
the capital wasteland is a dangerouse place

save often
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Disarmed and my weapon/shield disappeared

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived