why would you side with the imperials?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. why would you side with the imperials?

User Info: Malus_X6

Malus_X6
5 years ago#71
Ulfric is a weak, simpering pawn used by the Thalmor.

Not quite. He just happened to be doing exactly what the Thalmor wanted. Easier to conquer a divided land than a united one.

That, and Ulfric being an idiot helped them some... Until I came along.
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI

User Info: coolcole9155

coolcole9155
5 years ago#72
Imperials have been in the series for many games now, and the Stormcloaks have been in how many games? 1! Dagnab those racist Stormcokes.
Hail Sithis!

User Info: 941Blaze

941Blaze
5 years ago#73
Because the Stormcloaks need to understand that when you lose a war, you must pay the consequences. Their consequence is not being able to worship a lord, which is, I admit, harsh, but maybe they should've been stronger and won.
I don't think I'm a good enough liar to be a politician

User Info: Rougarou_31337

Rougarou_31337
5 years ago#74
IHeartJessAlba posted...

I was gonna hit you up with a massive history lesson, but then I realized that you are probably just trying to troll me.

In any case, you're talking out your butt. You might want to get that checked out by a doctor.

Please sir, enlighten me! Before you hit me with a massive anything, may I suggest you a link before you attempt to lecture me on any history, much less my own.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Expulsion#section_5

Just a basic overview.

User Info: MoonlightJust

MoonlightJust
5 years ago#75
Doktoroktopus posted...
Obama stands for gay marriage and public health care and insurance options. That's a-ok in my books.

You do realize he only 'stood' for gay marriage AFTER it was safe to do so, right? When the political wind was a blown' in the direction to where it would wind up alright if he made that declaration, he suddenly changed his previous stance of "not for it" to "For it". Nobody should like a flip-flopper who only goes where its 'politically safe'.

User Info: TNist1048

TNist1048
5 years ago#76
When I first played the game I joined the Stormcloaks (I was playing a Nord and it made sense) however the more I look at the situation the more I realize I would probably have been better off with the Imperials. Usually the Empire takes a good look at the big picture as well as planning in the long term which is something Ulfric is terrible at. The White-Gold Concordat for all the noise that was made about it was simply a cease fire action to allow the Empire to get in a better position to deal with the Aldmeri Dominion. They full well know the High Elves are lying elitist @#$%#$% but they got caught with their pants down after Oblivion went down and needed time to regroup.

Add to this after doing the Dark Brotherhood quests I find that the emperor appears to be a really cool and intelligent man who understands and respects the responsibilities of leadership unlike Ulfric who was willing to plunge Skyrim into a civil war and threaten action from the Aldmeri before either Skyrim and the Empire were ready simply to grab political power and I realized Ulfric is just too stupid to be allowed in charge of anything.

User Info: TehTrumpCard

TehTrumpCard
5 years ago#77
Because Red is better than Blue.
PSN: TehTrumpCard

User Info: robd42

robd42
5 years ago#78
I can not even force myself to side with the Imperial SOBs.
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check you premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. - Ayn Rand

User Info: StarSpawn

StarSpawn
5 years ago#79
In my only playthrough, as a non-Nord (wood elf), I felt threatened by the Ulfric's Stormcloaks. After finishing up the Brotherhood quests I felt some vindicatation for the Imperial's attempt on my life. I felt the Stormcloaks were a being short-sighted and Ulfric was taking advantage of the situation for his own push for power.

My next playthrough will be a Nord and I'll likely side with the Stormcloaks, if anything to experience both sides of the quest storyline.

User Info: Rougarou_31337

Rougarou_31337
5 years ago#80
TehTrumpCard posted...
Because Red is better than Blue.

Not on this side the pond..
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. why would you side with the imperials?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived