Tending The Flames bug.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Tending The Flames bug.

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
3 months ago#1
I'm at the part of the quest where Viarmo is reading Olaf's Verse to Elisif.

There's a speech check that if you pass it, Viarmo will say that Olaf took dragon form and attacked Winterhold.

But Viarmo says that Olaf had his soldiers disguised and they attack Solitude.

And the f***ing Quicksave had to trigger as he was reading it to Elisif, so I probably can't fix it now.

This is a problem I'm facing with the PS4 version of the game, but the board for Skyrim SE is as dead as Viarmo is going to be when this quest is over.

Can someone send me a link to a video where Viarmo recites the "Correct" version of Olaf's Verse to Elisif.

I have a feeling that I'm one of the few people who is suffering from this bug.
Mega Evolution is not a mistake. Treating it like it is a mistake, is a mistake.

User Info: VT-14

VT-14
3 months ago#2
According to UESP, known bug that was only fixed by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch mod.
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

jackfrost2016
3 months ago#3
VT-14 posted...
According to UESP, known bug that was only fixed by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch mod.

Akatosh damn it, Bethesda and Sony! If we can get only one mod, then let it be the unofficial patch.
Mega Evolution is not a mistake. Treating it like it is a mistake, is a mistake.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
3 months ago#4
But didn't you complete the quest, anyway?
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Diablo 3 - RoS [PC]
True aces fly it HARD!

jackfrost2016
3 months ago#5
Lord Heimdall posted...
But didn't you complete the quest, anyway?

I did, but it's f***ing annoying when a bug prevents the quest from ending in the way you want and intended for it to end.

User Info: KennyKool

KennyKool
3 months ago#6
At least its not as bad as phasing through the door and taking the ebony blade beore you trigger the actual quest cause then you cant complete the quest and its stuck in your inventory forever
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Tending The Flames bug.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived