Head Armor/Items that can be worn Simultaneously

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Head Armor/Items that can be worn Simultaneously

User Info: NeroDantes

NeroDantes
3 months ago#1
Hello after reading @Nighmare319 's post regarding head armor you can wear with other head accessories I want to know what other head items can be worn together with head armors or hoods.

The only combinations i know at the moment are:

Chaurus helmet+ Circlets(Any type of circlet)- Circlet must be equipped before putting on helmet.

Please feel free to post any combinations that work
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-
PSN: NeroARIDANTES

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#2
Penitus oculatus helmet can also be worn instead of falmer helmet with circlets, there are alot of other ways to get more than one head gear with various combinations but require certain races or to be a vampire.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: revengine

revengine
3 months ago#3
This quote is taken from the uesp concerning the Penitus Oculatus helmet:

This item [Penitus Oculatus Helmet] is one of only three items in the game (along with Falmer Helmets and the Jagged Crown) that fills only the "hair" body part slot when worn. This means that it can be worn simultaneously with any circlet or a Dragon Priest Mask. Out of the three items, the Penitus Oculatus Helmet is the most lightweight.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Penitus_Oculatus_Armor#Penitus_Oculatus_Armor

So if you're looking to combine head gear to stack custom enchantments, it looks like the only ones that will work together are a combination of either the PO Helmet, the Falmer Helmet or a circlet. Or you can use the Dragon Priest masks for their enchantments.
"A word of advice; don't buy discounted armor." Hermir Strong-Heart

User Info: Nightmare319

Nightmare319
3 months ago#4
The Dark Brotherhood Cowl works if you are playing a Khajiit or Argonian, I don't know about other races, because I haven't tried all of them.
Nightmare - 3/19/2003 - 1/5/2005 R.I.P.
Maxx - 11/26/2004 - 6/21/2017 R.I.P.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
3 months ago#5
This works on all versions of skyrim, with virtually any character race/gender combination as long as you are willing to become a vampire (at least temporarily) and lets you equip a huge number of items simultaneously. The only difficult requirement is if your character is not a female Nord/Breton, or a Khajiit/Argonian, you will probably need the rare Blackguard's Hood from the dragonborn DLC. Otherwise the items required are trivial to get since the NPCs that hold them are abundant and in many places all over Skyrim.

In total you will equip a second ring and four additional helmets.

#1: Become a vampire. If you are not a vampire, the second ring will not work and you will probably only equip three helmets at max unless you are an Argonian/Khajiit, who need to skip either the Penitus Oculatus Helmet or the Falmer Helmet, leaving them with four headpieces instead of five.

#2: Equip the appropriate starting helmet which should appear invisible when equipped and will become unequipped later (it can be put into storage once you're done with all of this):
(if you are a female Nord/Breton) Thieves Guild Hood
(if you are Khajiit/Argonian) Ancient Shrouded Cowl
(if any other race/gender) Blackguard's Hood

#3: Equip the items that you have custom-enchanted and can be equipped simultaneously, in this order:
Circlet (first one)
Circlet (second one; can be the same type as the first)
Penitus Ocualtus Helmet
Falmer Helmet
Fine Clothes (all four variations work)
Ring (first one)
Ring (second one; cannot be the same "type" as the first, ie: Gold Ring & Gold Ring)
Forsworn Gauntlets (stacks with leather bracers for some race combinations, such as male orc)
Leather Bracers (see above; this one probably won't work because I haven't figured out the working races/genders)

#4: Equip everything else you want to equip that isn't a helmet, ring, or gloves. You can switch your chest without the rings falling off, and obviously you can still equip a pair of boots/shoes and a necklace.

Finally, I will say that it is possible to equip multiple necklaces as well, but the conditions for them are sort of hard to replicate and I'm not sure how/why it works. Personally I have been able to equip three necklaces by utilizing a similar equipment order with one of the Gauldur Amulet Fragments and the Strange Amulet, ultimately allowing me to equip both of those as well as a third custom enchanted necklace. However, I was completely unable to keep them equipped while trying to stack any other series of items (helmets or rings, as described above). I have heard accounts (not exactly reliable) that players have had two enchanted necklaces equipped, and one account of a player having three of them (through the same method as I did with the three necklaces I used, although he was able to "trade out" the two quest necklaces for his own enchanted ones, and at some point in the game none of them stacked anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are probably other helmets and items that can be stacked, but the circumstances that allow them to do this are either old (ie: pre-SE) or just unknown at this time.

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#6
There is also the werewolf stacking glitch which allows you to wear almost everything together.

User Info: NeroDantes

NeroDantes
3 months ago#7
THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK.

Will definitely check out the Penitus Ocualtus Helmet. Not sure how you get it. But afraid to Google hopw to obtain it in fear of spoilers
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-
PSN: NeroARIDANTES

User Info: Nightmare319

Nightmare319
3 months ago#8
NeroDantes posted...
THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK.

Will definitely check out the Penitus Ocualtus Helmet. Not sure how you get it. But afraid to Google hopw to obtain it in fear of spoilers

Without spoiling much, when you kill a member of the Penitus Oculatus, you loot the helmet off them.
Nightmare - 3/19/2003 - 1/5/2005 R.I.P.
Maxx - 11/26/2004 - 6/21/2017 R.I.P.

User Info: revengine

revengine
3 months ago#9
The best place to find PO armour would probably be Dragonbridge. Although IIRC there may be PO officers at Solitude which means there may be some armour laying around inside the keep somewhere.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#10
There is a single Penitus agent in dragons bridge, you can steal it if you had the perk but you most likely do not.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Head Armor/Items that can be worn Simultaneously

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived