Janessa is MIA

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
4 weeks ago#41
tried to run some more tests on the follower tracking and one time I waited one hour to see how far Iona would get, and then waited another hour and she covered the entire distance between Solitude and Riften in those two hours, where before it had taken her two days and Marcutio one day. (Like Sheldon said on the Big Bang Theory, "you changed the results by measuring them!")

might still be a useful way to track down a dead follower with valuable gear: grab another follower from the same location, install tracking device and see which route they take to get home. might help to have the Detect Undead/Dead spell to find the corpse. alternatively, you could load an earlier save with the same follower and install a tracking device (if you wanted to save the subsequent gameplay) and see what route they take.

sconekiller
4 weeks ago#42
I remember the first time I saw a Companion sneak roll. not sure what patch that was part of but they never did it for the first year or two of playing the game.

if your followers always lag behind consider travelling with your weapons sheathed and "waiting" for them to join you near the target area before you enter sneak mode. they're slower with their weapons out and they start sneaking as soon as you do, so if you hopped off your horse to sneak up on someone that may explain why your follower only shows up in time for the after party

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#43
They all follow the same paths to get to the same places which is why they all get lost as much as each other lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: revengine

revengine
3 weeks ago#44
Frustrating as hell when a follower refuses to use the same path to get somewhere as you do and they take forever to show up. Kind of makes me think this is how the "wait" option came to be.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 weeks ago#45
Followers have to take designated paths. Where they come out ahead of the player is if there is a dungeon exit nearby. Followers can warp though a dungeon in 1 second when you're outside, even if the path is barred when you go in yourself.

Similar to all of the unmarked locations on the map, there are quite a few of these unofficial paths in the game. Some will lead to shrines or corpses or other things, and discovering them can give you a path over a mountain that you might otherwise have to go around.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
3 weeks ago#46
revengine posted...
Frustrating as hell when a follower refuses to use the same path to get somewhere as you do and they take forever to show up. Kind of makes me think this is how the "wait" option came to be.

Or the opposite: you almost kill them because they come out in front of you and surprize, they found a better path. Usually in the mountains. Happens mostly at night for me, at night I tend to shoot first and not ask questions later.

sconekiller
3 weeks ago#47
craig_psn posted...
revengine posted...

Or the opposite: you almost kill them because they come out in front of you and surprize, they found a better path. Usually in the mountains. Happens mostly at night for me, at night I tend to shoot first and not ask questions later.

another good reason to put a quest marker on their heads. I can't count the number of times they've lagged behind in a dungeon/cave and never caught up despite changing cells different times until you're heading out and there they are right in front of you! doh!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived