Use of Garnet, Amethyst, Ruby, Saphire...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Use of Garnet, Amethyst, Ruby, Saphire...

User Info: Unknown_15

Unknown_15
5 years ago#1
Hi, I'm wondering if these stones (ruby, garnet...) are only needed to craft rings, necklace, etc. or they have another use in the game????

Thx

User Info: DBogatz

DBogatz
5 years ago#2
Use em to craft or sell em. That's all. Although one misc. quest requires some flawless um...garnets? I can't remember.

User Info: Arcom8065

Arcom8065
5 years ago#3
I remember one needing 3 flawless amethysts... and I got 3 in one iron mine, just my luck.
CM Storm Scout | i5-2500 | ASRock P67 Ex4 Gen3 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | MSI GTX 570 "Twin Frozr III" | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Caviar Black 2TB RAID1

User Info: WhiteHawk1532

WhiteHawk1532
5 years ago#4
I like to place a big basket or cauldron in my house and fill it with gemstones. Then shout at it so my house becomes shiny and it's net worth goes up in case I ever have to sell it.
~White

User Info: macheteman

macheteman
5 years ago#5
You gotta stick 3 of the same quality gem inside the Horadric Cube and then transmute them to create a single gem of higher quality.

Unknown_15
5 years ago#6
Leetjboy posted...
You gotta stick 3 of the same quality gem inside the Horadric Cube and then transmute them to create a single gem of higher quality.

lol

Thanks for you answers guys! I will craft all of these into money-making jewelry!

Btw, anyone know how to use The Black Star ???

User Info: Radiozo

Radiozo
5 years ago#7
Cast soul trap on humanoid, kill humanoid. Black star will get a grand soul.
PSN: RadiozoSE
360: Radiozo

User Info: NPC_LUKE

NPC_LUKE
5 years ago#8
Leetjboy posted...

God, I miss the D2 days. That was the epitome of online gaming for me. I'll never get that feeling back again. v.v
I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have many lives.

Unknown_15
5 years ago#9
Radiozo posted...
Cast soul trap on humanoid, kill humanoid. Black star will get a grand soul.

Perfecto, thanks brah!

User Info: Aussie_BBQ

Aussie_BBQ
5 years ago#10
Also the gems can be used in the atronach forge to create atronachs and atronach summoning staffs.
This Sig is changed on a daily basis.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Use of Garnet, Amethyst, Ruby, Saphire...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived