Console command ruin achievements?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Console command ruin achievements?

User Info: Speedstersonic

Speedstersonic
5 years ago#1
Had to use the damn thing to finish "trouble in skyrim" cause the quest kept auto-completing when I got close to Farkis.
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.

User Info: Elpadrino159

Elpadrino159
5 years ago#2
Yes now all of your achievements are locked unless you use an uncorrupted save, or start over again.

User Info: Cuddie415

Cuddie415
5 years ago#3
ive used a few console commands in my game and i havent encountered any problems with achievements but im not 100% sure that everyone will have the same results that i had

User Info: Bokey407

Bokey407
5 years ago#4
i think the verdict is still out on if the commands disable achvs. i have heard certain commands wil disable but i have used several and still get achvs.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"

User Info: Doomerang

Doomerang
5 years ago#5

Yes now all of your achievements are locked unless you use an uncorrupted save, or start over again.

Wrong. I had to do a similar thing to complete one of the quests in Malkreath, but I still got achievements afterwards.

They probably only disable it if you do some obviously-cheating things like god mode and such.
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
5 years ago#6
Does it disable them if you accidentally hit tilde but do not enter any commands?

User Info: paradoxworld

paradoxworld
5 years ago#7
It does not disable achievements at all. I have cheated in gold, and tons of alchemy ingredients, and still get them.
I rarely visit topics twice. Even if I post something in one.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
5 years ago#8
paradoxworld posted...
It does not disable achievements at all. I have cheated in gold, and tons of alchemy ingredients, and still get them.

That's good; I thought I had heard that even touching the tilde button locks out achievement function.

User Info: McSpermie

McSpermie
5 years ago#9
I just wanted to further confirm that the console does not disable achievements, like other people ITT have said. I have used the command to kill a guard and other commands (such as tcl) and still get achievements.
I Came, I Saw, I Owned.

User Info: pies12

pies12
5 years ago#10

i think the verdict is still out on if the commands disable achvs. i have heard certain commands wil disable but i have used several and still get achvs.

You think wrong. Console doesn't have any impact on achievements.
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Console command ruin achievements?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived