Can you bypass steam to play this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can you bypass steam to play this?

User Info: DeliPro

DeliPro
5 years ago#1
So steam doesn't want to load this game for me, it just gets stuck on "preparing to launch". Is there a way to bypass steam and force the game to open? I don't think it's downloading a patch or anything, I don't have any firewalls that might be blocking it, what's the deal?

User Info: fuzzball01

fuzzball01
5 years ago#2
Not anymore. At least not without a pirated copy, I think. There was a big topic about it earlier, there might be a post in there about a way to get around it.
Don't rush me, I'm thinking.

DeliPro
5 years ago#3
lol punished for not pirating the game, what a joke.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
5 years ago#4
How long are you waiting? Because the first time around Steam checks for proper drivers and direct x version, so it takes a while.
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
(message deleted)

User Info: BeefyNukes

BeefyNukes
5 years ago#6
Oh YOU.

Try to find a solution instead of moaning.

It's getting tiring watching people repeat "I'm being punished" like a flock of Parrots.

Check the steam forums and do searches on here.
GameFAQs: Where a Kid can be a Kid.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
5 years ago#7
Switch Steam to offline mode, problem fixed.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.

User Info: DrSickDuck

DrSickDuck
5 years ago#8

Switch Steam to offline mode, problem fixed.

Not if the game has never been launched. The very first time you launch a game Steam has to be online, after that Offline Mode will work at any time. I personally keep it offline 24/7 unless I'm buying a game.
i3-550@4.0Ghz -- MSI 460 Cyclone -- 8Gb G. Skill RAM -- Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb -- Antec TP-650 -- Lian-Li A05 -- EVGA P55 Micro

DeliPro
5 years ago#9
BeefyNukes posted...
Oh YOU.

Try to find a solution instead of moaning.

It's getting tiring watching people repeat "I'm being punished" like a flock of Parrots.

Check the steam forums and do searches on here.

Whatever fanboy, you know bethesda is in the wrong.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
5 years ago#10
DrSickDuck posted...
Not if the game has never been launched. The very first time you launch a game Steam has to be online, after that Offline Mode will work at any time. I personally keep it offline 24/7 unless I'm buying a game.

and you'll find most of the people this is happening to have in fact already activated the game.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can you bypass steam to play this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived