Removing Hidden Inventory Items from Companions/ Followers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Removing Hidden Inventory Items from Companions/ Followers

User Info: Avierra

Avierra
5 years ago#1
Is there a way to do this other than pickpocketing them? My char is not a thiefly type, and trying to pickpocket ~70 pounds of gear to clean out their inventory of hidden items isn't going to happen. Alternatively, is there a console command for this?

User Info: demoncub

demoncub
5 years ago#2
Target the follower in console and type ' removeallitems '. Should do it.
*Bets on Spike*

User Info: wgrafing

wgrafing
5 years ago#3
Go into console
Target companion
type 'inv'
for the item you want to remove, type 'removeitem #' Get the # from the code in parenthesis next to the item name.

You do not need to input the zeros before a command, the game ignores those. So, you could type 00000f as f, and the game sees it as the same thing.

User Info: wgrafing

wgrafing
5 years ago#4
I forgot to add this:
If you want the item to stay gone forever, add a 1 at the end of the command.
removeitem 2b34 1

User Info: Dimeron

Dimeron
5 years ago#5
Can't believe this is something that was not fixed in the patch notes. :(

User Info: Avierra

Avierra
5 years ago#6
Awesome! Thanks so much. Perhaps my companion will be able to start carrying stuff again. >_>

User Info: blowseph

blowseph
5 years ago#7

If you want the item to stay gone forever, add a 1 at the end of the command.

Nope. All adding a number at the end does is tell it the amount of items to remove. Adding a 1 just means you want to remove 1 of that item. Like take for instance the arrows that Lydia comes with. She has 12 of them (usually) so using "removeitem arrowID 1" doesn't remove all of her arrows with a permanent flag. it just removes 1 of the 12 arrows, and is not permanent. You have no idea how many times I have used "removeitem XXXX 1" on Lydia's equipment after hearing about this, only to have it come right back.
http://i43.tinypic.com/zydphc.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Removing Hidden Inventory Items from Companions/ Followers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived