So... I can't save my game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So... I can't save my game?

User Info: Jrock1019

Jrock1019
5 years ago#1
Alright, I can understand minor glitches and bugs and such, but this is just bull****. I literally can not save my game. I go to the menu, click save, and a message says "saving game" but after that it doesn't show up. I even looked in my Documents/MyGames/Skyrim/saves folder, and there's nothing there. Quicksaving doesn't work either. What the hell? Anyone know how to fix this, or am I just screwed?

Edit: I'm running the 4GB Skyrim launcher, in case that might have anything to do with it. I also just finished doing a fresh re-install.
I lost karma points for "spoiling" the fact that you end up defeating the main villain.

User Info: Dante200X

Dante200X
5 years ago#2
Rely on quicksaves?
"I'm not reading reviews when I can just ask this board." - TormakSaber asking about a Sam & Max game on the TF2 board

Jrock1019
5 years ago#3
Dante200X posted...
Rely on quicksaves?

Jrock1019 posted...
Quicksaving doesn't work either.

I even tried using the "savegame" console command. Nothing.
I lost karma points for "spoiling" the fact that you end up defeating the main villain.

User Info: HAZCHEM88

HAZCHEM88
5 years ago#4
Tried googling but the only result was this thread...lol

Sounds really weird. Wish I knew.
http://www.youtube.com/HAZARDOUS88 ----Come hear my music.
http://www.last.fm/user/Alt-Melodium

User Info: bioskarrd

bioskarrd
5 years ago#5
sounds like a computer problem, not a game problem.

Jrock1019
5 years ago#6
bioskarrd posted...

What kind of computer problem? Any ideas?

User Info: Blind_Assassin

Blind_Assassin
5 years ago#7
bioskarrd posted...

I'd go with this, he definitely trust this guy, seems to know what he's talking about.

Have you tried reinstalling it? Are you using a pirated/badly cracked version?

I've never come across something like this before, so you may want to go to the Bethesda official forums because it seems like no-one else has either.
^IMO.

Jrock1019
5 years ago#8
Blind_Assassin posted...
Have you tried reinstalling it? Are you using a pirated/badly cracked version?

I've never come across something like this before, so you may want to go to the Bethesda official forums because it seems like no-one else has either.

Yes, I just finished re-installing the game. And no, I'm not using a pirated version. Quite the contrary in fact, as I spent close to $200 on the collector's edition of both the game and the strategy guide.

Jrock1019
5 years ago#9
I sent Betheda Support an email so we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, anyone else have any suggestions?

User Info: Sahuagin

Sahuagin
5 years ago#10
do you have write permission to the save folder? you could try running as administrator, which should guarantee that you have write access.
Atheism is merely a consequence of having intellectual honesty.
If you download games for free (illegally), you are an anti-gamer. Period.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So... I can't save my game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived