killed a dragon, no soul absorbing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. killed a dragon, no soul absorbing?

User Info: Otataral

Otataral
5 years ago#1
I just killed a dragon, and it died and just laid there. no soul absorbing at all. The corpse just sits there. has this happened to anyone else?

User Info: lockedowne

lockedowne
5 years ago#2
A lot of times if youve already killed one in that area, the random respawns wont give a soul. At least thats been my experience.

User Info: Bhellium

Bhellium
5 years ago#3
Happens occasionally.
Usually not a recurring glitch.
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference

User Info: Rocketdot

Rocketdot
5 years ago#4
Is an annoying glitch but there's lots of dragons to fight. You'll come across more dragon souls than you will ever need for the abilities. There's even a mod to exchange all the excess unused dragon souls for perk points. Or you can just command console give yourself a soul.

User Info: H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z
5 years ago#5
Otataral posted...
I just killed a dragon, and it died and just laid there. no soul absorbing at all. The corpse just sits there. has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me a few times. Tends to occur when you've killed one type of Dragon in a certain area. If a different type spawns in the same area, you can usually absorb it's Soul.

Don't know whether this has been fixed properly with the Patch? Personally, I don't really care about it as I ended up with over 10 Souls the majority of the time and nothing to do with them because I hadn't found that many Shouts.
Kill, loot, sell.

User Info: Exilious

Exilious
5 years ago#6
Check the 1.2 patch notes
AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.8ghz | PNY XLR8 GTX 470 | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1800mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Agility 2 60gb SSD | Win7ult64bit

User Info: H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z
5 years ago#7
Exilious posted...
Check the 1.2 patch notes

I had =) But sometimes they don't affect things at all.
Kill, loot, sell.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. killed a dragon, no soul absorbing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived