Thieves Guild Fishing Jobs (Possible Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Thieves Guild Fishing Jobs (Possible Spoilers)

User Info: BigKG

BigKG
5 years ago#1
Anyone encountered a fishing job where the mark's item was 0% to steal?

I just got one. Is there any way of getting that item without killing the mark? (Hence failing the quest).
Core i7 950, GTX 460 1 Gb SLI
Gamertag: Gryll ---------------PSN: Kev_G79

User Info: super_burb_zap

super_burb_zap
5 years ago#2
Pots and Equipment, as well as perks.
If the topic's dead, it's my fault.
I never really was on your side.

User Info: BigKG

BigKG
5 years ago#3
I had +80% to pickpocket with pots/equipment, as well as around 70% pickpocketing skill. (No perks).
Core i7 950, GTX 460 1 Gb SLI
Gamertag: Gryll ---------------PSN: Kev_G79

User Info: SabreNation81

SabreNation81
5 years ago#4
I ran into that too. Had to steal a ring from Mjoll. No matter what I did my chances of success were 0%. I tried pots, I put on some +Pickpocket gear, nothing worked. Even when she was asleep it was still 0%.

I eventually just went back and cancelled the mission to get a different one. You don't lose anything for cancelling the mission. You just get a minor verbal scolding and then you can start a new one immediately after.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

User Info: Ca55per

Ca55per
5 years ago#5
What is the item? All kitted up, I had a 14% chance to pickpocket a gold diamond necklace, once.

Also, if you have sneak/pickpocket gear and pickpocket potions, what are the stats on your gear/potions.

Also, you are sure that you are not visible to the mark? If you are hidden, I believe you get a bonus.

If you really can't figure a way around it, you can always ask your Delvin to cancel the quest for you... and just take another one.

Shadow hide you...

User Info: alpha5omega7

alpha5omega7
5 years ago#6
i think its a glitch. i have 68 pickpocket and was trying to place a daedric arrow into one of the thief archers pocket. glass and ebony arrows both have 90% chance but for some reason daedric and falmor has 0. i have cheated my way with all the perks and still the same. so i went ahead and place the daedric with 0% and success... didn't get caught at all.

User Info: tortugapir8

tortugapir8
5 years ago#7
Actually I think it's because they have the item equipped and if you lack the top level Pickpocket perk (Perfect Touch) it's not possible in the normal way.

However I did find a loophole! If you Unrelenting Force shout them to knock them down you'll be able to quickly pickpocket it before they stand up. Pretty funny!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Thieves Guild Fishing Jobs (Possible Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived