Using conjured weapons should raise conjuration.

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Using conjured weapons should raise conjuration.

User Info: Sharjar95

Sharjar95
5 years ago#1

Conjuration is so tedious to level. If I conjure a bow, I'll probably use that bow for a while, meaning I won't be conjuring very much. Why not make a conjured weapon raise conjuration?

User Info: playingforfun

playingforfun
5 years ago#2
It does. As does having a conjured pet in combat that you summoned before entering combat. It is just much smaller than the act of conjuring while in combat. Same goes for Alteration buffs, actually casting them while in combat gives the greatest boost (very noticeable) but you do get small bits of skill experience just having an alteration active while in combat.

User Info: darkholyPL

darkholyPL
5 years ago#3
Well if you don't mind using a bit of an exploit, you can just cast soul trap on a dead mob over and over. Or you can stand in a place that an enemy can't reach and cast bound sword over and over. Gets conjuration level up rather fast.
"90% of all men jerk off, the other 10%.. no hands" -Richard Jeni

User Info: CenaxKikia

CenaxKikia
5 years ago#4
Whenever a conjured weapon is summoned and you are in combat, the conjuration bar generates slowly. It does raise it. The bar also raises at the same rate while an atronach or daedra is summoned. It raises twice as fast for undead being summoned. If you summon an undead, and weild a conjured weapon, it raises very quickly when in combat.

Out of combat you can cast soul trap on corpses
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia

User Info: Strawberry_Jum

Strawberry_Jum
5 years ago#5
Conjuration is the first skill I levelled to 100 (one-handed will be the next) because of how much xp you get purely for bound weapons (always had a bound sword, only conjuration spell I used was a bound sword).
Here is a welcome. It's yours. You can have it. That's your welcome. You're welcome. -dakotah1978
This topic is false. We all know girls are a myth. - JonSan

User Info: Bisected8

Bisected8
5 years ago#6
Why does summoning an undead raise it faster than a daeadra?
"Once you're dead you're made for life"- Jimi Hendrix
"I wish men had boobs"- Emma Bunton

User Info: Garuda_cyborg

Garuda_cyborg
5 years ago#7

From: Sharjar95 | #001
Conjuration is so tedious to level. If I conjure a bow, I'll probably use that bow for a while, meaning I won't be conjuring very much. Why not make a conjured weapon raise conjuration?


By this logic, Alchemy should be raised every time you swing a poisoned weapon. I don't think it should quite work that way.
My FC -> 4212 3513 8759
Sareph: The gray fox was wrong this whole time. Why cover your face with a mask when you can cover their face with a bucket?

User Info: cbftw

cbftw
5 years ago#8
Bisected8 posted...
Why does summoning an undead raise it faster than a daeadra?

Because you need a corpse to cast on for undead and you can summon an atronach at will.

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
5 years ago#9
Conjuration is one of the least bothersome to level trees in the game.
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
5 years ago#10
^that. Got my first Bound Spell, killed a few bandits, revived with Raise Zombie(especially Bandit leaders/chiefs), whacked a bit til they get agro, summon bound weapon, profit.

I think i got Conjuration to level 32 in less than an hour.
Official Seven of the Type-0 board.
"They'll probably just have people bleed out sunshine and lollipops." - XxEpic_GirlxX
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Using conjured weapons should raise conjuration.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived