Bought my computer not with playing games in mind but how would this run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Bought my computer not with playing games in mind but how would this run?

User Info: Rock Hot

Rock Hot
5 years ago#1
Hypothetically.

Intel Core i7 920
2.67 Ghz
6gb Ram
radeon hd 4890 video card

Considering getting Skyrim for PC. I think the only game I've really played on this was Starcraft 2.
What's she gonna do? Be quiet at me?

User Info: htoole21

htoole21
5 years ago#2
Not trying to jack your thread, just thought I'd put this in here so that it didn't clutter up the forum.

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Could I run it? and maybe on High settings? Don't know much about computers.
PSN: Ole-Tripp
University of Clemson Class of '13.

User Info: Eneru112

Eneru112
5 years ago#3

Rock Hot posted...
Hypothetically.

Intel Core i7 920
2.67 Ghz
6gb Ram
radeon hd 4890 video card

Considering getting Skyrim for PC. I think the only game I've really played on this was Starcraft 2.
---
What's she gonna do? Be quiet at me?

Radeon sucks but damn that's a lot of ram. You'll run it on medium-high I predict

User Info: Wand3rer

Wand3rer
5 years ago#4
yeah both of you can run it farely well No worries

But Ultra High Not sure about it Cuz of Game not being released yet .

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
5 years ago#5
I keep seeing people say 6GB is a lot of RAM, but it seems like it wouldn't be much when 8GB is only $80. I know I plan to get 8GB when I build my computer for this fall.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.

User Info: FoxxyFelineee

FoxxyFelineee
5 years ago#6
That's cause Ram is really cheap, anything over 8GB is pretty much overkill unless you plan on having hundreds of tabs while playing games.
| PSN: Mc_Lulz | R

htoole21
5 years ago#7
someone sent me to this site game-debate, and according to them, I can run it on high with my proccessor and ram, but mid with my graphics.

So I'm saying I could run it on mid settings, worth getting it for pc still if I have a console?

User Info: youlikepustulio

youlikepustulio
5 years ago#8

someone sent me to this site game-debate, and according to them, I can run it on high with my proccessor and ram, but mid with my graphics.

So I'm saying I could run it on mid settings, worth getting it for pc still if I have a console?

Of course it's worth it. Consoles will be mid and I'd think your laptop would probably net mid-high, plus PC has mods. Some mods increase performance so you can turn other stuff up too.
Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.

User Info: CapoMafia

CapoMafia
5 years ago#9
htoole21 posted...
Not trying to jack your thread, just thought I'd put this in here so that it didn't clutter up the forum.

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Should run it fine. I imagine it'll run better than it will on the consoles. The GPU isn't great, but it's decent. It'll be helped along since you're probably already playing at a smaller resolution anyways seeing as it's a laptop.
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift
If you're really into the classic fantasy stylings of Tolkien, I highly recommend The Very Hungry Caterpillar. - Tani

htoole21
5 years ago#10
not a laptop, a imac. 21.5' screen.

As long as you guys so it will run and look just as well as the console version i'm getting it for the pc. I have a windows 7 partition because I already have oblivion and morrowind. Those and Counter Strike Source are the only games I play on my computer. CSS on mac osx through stream.

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 soon, I can't remember if dungeons reload after a period of time or not.. but i'm sure there are mods for that.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Bought my computer not with playing games in mind but how would this run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived