Removing Perks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Spetznaz666

Spetznaz666
5 years ago#1
In the cheats section there's a consol command to add a perk, is there anyway I can use that to remove perks? I dont want to cheat but I kinda messed up my character and would hate to start over. Therefore I want to remove some perks and then add some to the things I need. Anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance!
Orange colors on the uniforms defeats the whole purpose of even giving them MARPAT-like digital camo if the orange is t-bagging you in the eyes----RoffleCakes

User Info: jsmith0730

jsmith0730
5 years ago#2
removeperk <perk ID>

(don't forget player. in front)

Spetznaz666
5 years ago#3
Huh lol, who woulda thought that would be the name... thanks man!
Orange colors on the uniforms defeats the whole purpose of even giving them MARPAT-like digital camo if the orange is t-bagging you in the eyes----RoffleCakes

User Info: Coltonh65

Coltonh65
5 years ago#4
Using the console, type in:

Player.removeperk <Perk ID>

rather than

Player.addperk <Perk ID>

Be warned that you have to add/remove perks with multiple levels in the correct order, otherwise the math/calculations get screwy.

Spetznaz666
5 years ago#5
So say I want to remove all my Archery perks? Do I start from the top or from the very first ones? And say I have multiple points in a perk would I do, player.removeperk "perkID" "number I want to remove"?

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
5 years ago#6
It doesn't matter where you start from, you can remove perks anywhere in the tree.

If a spell has 3 ranks like Mage Armor in Alteration if you type 'help "mage armor" 4' it will list 3 perks with the name Mage Armor, the first one is the 1/3 rank in Mage Armor, 2nd is 2/3, etc.
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.

User Info: jsmith0730

jsmith0730
5 years ago#7
Yep. You start from the top and work your way down to the first perk, and as for multiple points in a perk, you remove them one at a time.

Spetznaz666
5 years ago#8
Gotcha, thanks guys.

User Info: Mivo

Mivo
5 years ago#9
jsmith0730 posted...
Yep. You start from the top and work your way down to the first perk, and as for multiple points in a perk, you remove them one at a time.

So if a perk has multiple ranks, say one to three, do you first remove the one that was put in last? In this example, the order of removing them would be: rank3, rank2, rank1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived