Any good gear available very early on?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any good gear available very early on?

User Info: BigJeffreyLane

BigJeffreyLane
5 years ago#11
Vilurum posted...
Armor-wise, do the "Missing in Action" quest that starts in Whiterun (and sends you off to the middle of nowhere, though a carriage to Solitude shortens the trip considerably).

You get three flunkies to help with the Thalmor-killing for the quest, and they drop a ton of elven armor: both lightweight, good value/weight ratio for selling extras, and effective to wear and use yourself.

cant you also find glass armor on them?

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
5 years ago#12
That's an effect of scaling, I believe. Almost all of them wore glass armor when I did the quest at over level 50.

Either way, thanks, but I'm still looking for heavy armor here. Not full sets or anything, just bits and pieces I can find and/or steal.

Like, what would happen if I tried to go to Largashbur early on? Would the set of armor on Malacath's shrine still be Orcish, and could I waltz in and steal it?

User Info: Shadow47001

Shadow47001
5 years ago#13
Arrei posted...
That's an effect of scaling, I believe. Almost all of them wore glass armor when I did the quest at over level 50.

Either way, thanks, but I'm still looking for heavy armor here. Not full sets or anything, just bits and pieces I can find and/or steal.

Like, what would happen if I tried to go to Largashbur early on? Would the set of armor on Malacath's shrine still be Orcish, and could I waltz in and steal it?

I started a new file as well to try and get stuff early as possible to see what it would be like. I entered Largashbur around lvl 10-ish, the Orc gear was still there that you could steal. If you can kill a giant, you can also try finishing the questline for the hammer + another orc set off the chief.
Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally worthless.

User Info: Elec Man EXE

Elec Man EXE
5 years ago#14
I'm pretty sure the armor found in the center of the Orcish stronghold to the southwest of Riften (where the quest for Volendrung is) is static regardless of your level, and Orcish is pretty darn high for the start of the game. But you have to steal it.
Master of Electricity

User Info: DoctorDoom80

DoctorDoom80
5 years ago#15
Well, it's not like Fallout or Morrowind/Oblivion where you can get endgame weapons at level 1 potentially if you know where to go and what you're doing, but I suggest leveling Smithing ASAP, that's the best way to get good stuff.
*Retired from WoW*

User Info: shoheeb

shoheeb
5 years ago#16
You can beat Uthgerd in a fist fight then have her follow you into somewhere secluded and kill her for a set of steelplate minus the helmet
chillin'
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any good gear available very early on?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived