need help getting old saves to work

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. need help getting old saves to work

User Info: Handful_of_Cog

Handful_of_Cog
5 years ago#1

With all of the newer mods out I wanted to reinstall skyrim today so I deleted everything (skyrim and nmm but I saved a copy of my saves file) from my pc and wanted to start with a fresh install of skyrim to mod. So now I go to load up my old save and it instantly kicks me to desktop. I can start a new game just cant load my old ones. The mods I was using were mostly graphic related. Does anyone know a way to get them to work again?  

Handful_of_Cog
5 years ago#2

anyone have any ideas, my wife is pretty pissed at me its the only game she has ever played and she has 100+ hours

User Info: BigJeffreyLane

BigJeffreyLane
5 years ago#3
ok, this might sound bad, but go into your folder with teh skyrim and skyrimpref ini files, make a copy of them somewhere else and then delete the originals (or jsut cut them and paste them) and then start a new game, play til it makes the first save, when you get off the cart, and hten log out and try loading your original save.

Handful_of_Cog
5 years ago#4

I think I figured it out the last couple of saves probably got corrupted. we only ended up losing a couple hours each save so it looks like Im off the couch tonight

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. need help getting old saves to work

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived