How do you play this game without STEAM!!!!??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you play this game without STEAM!!!!??

User Info: QUIK

QUIK
4 years ago#1
I really am sick of Steam, mainly because I have a horrible internet connection(time warner cable) so I cant access my games because It just keeps trying to connect to steam.. Their is nowhere in the start menu or any other menu that I can see that will allow me to connect to steam offline or play Skyrim or any of my other games without logging into steam...I miss the days when I didnt have to connect to the internet to play a game I purchased.
i7 2720 2.4ghz- nvidia 580m 2GB-

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
4 years ago#2
Open Steam, click the Steam drop down menu on the top left, click go offline.
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator

User Info: kooldog0503

kooldog0503
4 years ago#3
Like the other person said Steam has an offline mode. I used it for about 4 months when I was stationed in Cali with no reliable internet connection.
Rawr

User Info: SMuffinMan

SMuffinMan
4 years ago#4
Bigj089 posted...
Open Steam, click the Steam drop down menu on the top left, click go offline.
TWSS' resident spider enthusiast

User Info: Demonee-Ho

Demonee-Ho
4 years ago#5
Make sure to save your credentials by going to Steam>settings and then unchecking "Don't save account credentials on this computer"

User Info: guncaddy

guncaddy
4 years ago#6
steam checks for credentials, if you have your credentials saved on the computer, steam can reliably use those credentials to access your games without internet, i won't repeat the steps since someone above me did.
Pretty pretty is the horsey who hath drunken the magic tequila
(message deleted)

User Info: QUIK

QUIK
4 years ago#8
my problem is it sais connecting to steam even when i dont have an internet connection, I just cant get into steam itself I cant get into the menu to "use steam offline"
when I double click on steam it sais connecting to steam...and it doesnt open
i7 2720 2.4ghz- nvidia 580m 2GB-

User Info: WithYouForYou

WithYouForYou
4 years ago#9
QUIK posted...
my problem is it sais connecting to steam even when i dont have an internet connection, I just cant get into steam itself I cant get into the menu to "use steam offline"
when I double click on steam it sais connecting to steam...and it doesnt open

Just be like Bork from The Guild. Put your pc in your van and steal McDonald's Wi-Fi long enough to get your Steam set up.
3.4 GHz AMD 965, 750W Corsair TX, ASROCK 333 Mobo, 8gb 1333 Corsair, Sapphire ATI 6870, 5x 120mm fan

User Info: Matty_G33

Matty_G33
4 years ago#10
Offline mode is unreliable. I couldn't even play Half-Life 2 or The Binding of Isaac on it.

Hell, even if I click 'Start in Offline Mode', there's a good chance it says 'Cannot connect to Steam'.
If I had to summarize Dawnguard in two words, it would be this: more Skyrim.
~Kotaku journalist failing to understand DLC
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do you play this game without STEAM!!!!??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived