Can't absorb Mirmulnir's soul

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't absorb Mirmulnir's soul

User Info: Chunhwa

Chunhwa
4 years ago#1
So I just installed Dragonborn and made a fresh character. Got to the first dragon fight and now his corpse just sits there and I can't absorb his soul. I'm wondering if this is a bug introduced by the DLC or if I broke it somehow.

As a side note, Mirmulnir now speaks! I'm guessing random dragons now have actual lines as well.

EDIT: I managed to fix this bug on my own by loading Dragonborn.esm AFTER the unofficial patches. So yeah, if anyone else gets this problem, try that.
Be water, my friend.

User Info: InvaderEddy

InvaderEddy
4 years ago#2
You're using the USKP. The more recent versions added back dialogue for Mumilnir that is scripted but not recorded in the game files.
Steam profile name: Casanova

Chunhwa
4 years ago#3
InvaderEddy posted...
You're using the USKP. The more recent versions added back dialogue for Mumilnir that is scripted but not recorded in the game files.

Ah, makes sense. I haven't actually played in a few months.
Be water, my friend.

User Info: InvaderEddy

InvaderEddy
4 years ago#4
I'm not sure about your other problem though. It's a vanilla bug so it's likely there isn't any mod causing it. The best thing you can do is load a previous save and kill him again.
Steam profile name: Casanova

User Info: Mortred

Mortred
4 years ago#5
I just ran into my first dragon since installing the DLC (legendary dragon in Raven Rock) and I didn't absorb the soul after killing it either. I'm not sure if that's related to your problem or not.
Great eBayer super fast payment A++++++

User Info: Vydden

Vydden
4 years ago#6
I just killed a Frost Dragon outside of Winterhold. Didn't get to absorb its soul.

Looks like we've got a bug.

EDIT: Unless... we're not supposed to be able to absorb them once Dragonborn's quest starts. Though that wouldn't make any sense with the above post about the very first dragon.

Chunhwa
4 years ago#7
For those who didn't see, I updated the original post. It's definitely a bug introduced in dragonborn, because changing the load order to have it load after the unofficial patches fixed it.
Be water, my friend.

User Info: Freyon

Freyon
4 years ago#8
My take on this is that the bug is triggered by a quest conflict, something the Unofficial Skyrim Patch fixed in the past.

This is not a conflict with ALL Unofficial Patches, if I had to bet on any specific patch being the culprit, that would be the Skyrim one.

User Info: ated505

ated505
4 years ago#9
Yep over on the Bethsoft forums the general consensus seems to be that Unofficial Skyrim patch is causing the glitch.
Currently playing: Skyrim, Total War: Shogun 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

User Info: DaGreatOnelol

DaGreatOnelol
4 years ago#10
ated505 posted...
Yep over on the Bethsoft forums the general consensus seems to be that Unofficial Skyrim patch is causing the glitch.

i wished i read this before
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can't absorb Mirmulnir's soul

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived