How many tries did it take you to kill Miraak?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How many tries did it take you to kill Miraak?

User Info: Naberu

Naberu
4 years ago#11
One try. If anything that could possibly screw you are mods that altered dragons in any way, even though it has nothing to do with their animation.

I disable Resilient Dragons and only then my character can mount the dragon correctly. Had no problems with Dragonborn ending. If any, Miraak was....a bit too weak. I am expecting more from the someone who has lived in Apocarypha for so long.
"Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

User Info: xKynOx

xKynOx
4 years ago#12
1st try

User Info: CradleofFilth01

CradleofFilth01
4 years ago#13
Got him the second try. First time, I died to a stupid mistake on my part.
My Rig - E8500 @ 4.50Ghz - EVGA 780i FTW - Cooler Master V8 - 4GB G.Skill 1066Mhz
EVGA GTX 460 1GB - HP 22" Widescreen w2207h - Windows 7 64-Bit

User Info: bionicman_3090

bionicman_3090
4 years ago#14
Naberu posted...
I disable Resilient Dragons and only then my character can mount the dragon correctly. Had no problems with Dragonborn ending. If any, Miraak was....a bit too weak. I am expecting more from the someone who has lived in Apocarypha for so long.

Hmmm... could it be 'cause of Deadly Dragons? I didn't experience any glitch when riding Sahrotaar, so, it can't be that mod that's caused so much grief with the final battle for so many players. But I had the "Assault" mode trigger every 45 minutes (real time) and when I came out of the Dwemer ruin with Neloth, a named Dragon attacked us along with 3 other random ones. I read that after killing this named Dragon, Miraak's supposed to appear and absorb its soul. Instead, in my play-through, I didn't see Miraak and I absorbed its soul.

Hopefully, Bugfestda will release a patch for it soon. But if it's caused by Deadly Dragons, then the update should be imminent, but I found no evidence for the mod being the reason for this glitch.
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.

User Info: Back_Stabbath

Back_Stabbath
4 years ago#15
6 or 7 times. I got the glitch where neither of us could absorbs souls, even outside the battle, so he'd just stay etheral. Once I fixed it I beat him first time though.
http://steamcard.com/do/original/Stabbath.png
http://i.imgur.com/je6LT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SfV5h.gif

User Info: createdforthis

createdforthis
4 years ago#16
I did it on the first try. No mods, no unofficial patch (Or whatever that crap is)

I just ran up and attacked with my Sword.

Only thing I was bothered by is how the story built up the need of a voice power that had nothing to do with and was useless during the final battle.

User Info: Aylais

Aylais
4 years ago#17
First try. Acknowledge my coolness.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 years ago#18
1, and it took like 45 seconds, counting the parts where you can't hurt him.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: MrPwnzer

MrPwnzer
4 years ago#19
Two tries, but the 2nd one was much better. I didn't realize that I had magic duel installed, so the final battle was pretty neat.
Xbox Live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

User Info: bionicman_3090

bionicman_3090
4 years ago#20
Back_Stabbath posted...
6 or 7 times. I got the glitch where neither of us could absorbs souls, even outside the battle, so he'd just stay etheral. Once I fixed it I beat him first time though.

How did you fix it? I reloaded my old save and tried that battle again and got the same "Miraak stands and stares like a fool while I chomp on the dragon's soul" glitch. Reloading that part 60 times was enough for me. I felt pretty underwhelmed after I defeated him.
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How many tries did it take you to kill Miraak?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived