Most annoying Quest *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most annoying Quest *Spoilers*

User Info: bkrugby

bkrugby
6 months ago#1
By annoying I mean, something you don't really absolutely have to do, but in order to get something you really want, it becomes this tedious kind of thing. Besides the main quest, because I know there are some tedious things here.

For instance, on one character, I want to own land in all of the three holds that you can own land in. But I really hate doing the Vaermina quest, if only because of all the walking, and waiting, and more walking, and dialogue. But it's like you have to do it, otherwise you'd have a hard time getting the choice Pale land.

So any others who have a quest that they don't really have to do, where the reward is worth it to them, so much so they suffer doing it.

User Info: Clearwine

Clearwine
6 months ago#2
Lets see...

The whole getting in jail bit in Markarth could be done better.
The Whiterun part of the Thieves Guild main questline.
The Wimdhelm murder mystery, very little room for error if you dont want another victim.
Also wanting a house in Windhelm but you don't want to be a Ulfric's Thane.
Soul Cairn completion.
Beer... making me dance with ugly men since 1995.

User Info: EvilJill

EvilJill
6 months ago#3
Too many to choose, I tell ya!
I'd say the entire quest line for Thane-hood in Riften. Granted, it's rare I want Honeyside, cause all the fish lying about.
Markarth's Forsworn problem, because the guy who gives you that letter is RELENTLESS. I've found nothing to stop that letter, aside from never getting near the entrance again. Even then, you have to do your business quickly, because he WILL find you.
Oh, and that Vigilant for Molag Bal's quest in Markarth!
Vaermina's Quest, but atleast you can choose at the end.
Windhelm's Butcher-er.
Not necessarily a quest, but when you first get to Whiterun and have to deal with the Giant. If I don't crash/freeze, then I don't get a hit in. Maddening!
Lastly, ANY thing that forces you to get access to the College of Winterhold!
PSN: Sacred_Goddess Pawn: Divida, Level 137 Sorcerer
PSN: DeadSovereignty Pawn: Madison, Level 85 Ranger

User Info: iIIuminati

iIIuminati
6 months ago#4
Clearwine posted...
Lets see...
The Whiterun part of the Thieves Guild main questline.
The Wimdhelm murder mystery, very little room for error if you dont want another victim.
Also wanting a house in Windhelm but you don't want to be a Ulfric's Thane.
Soul Cairn completion.

I second those^

EvilJill posted...
Too many to choose, I tell ya!
Markarth's Forsworn problem, because the guy who gives you that letter is RELENTLESS. I've found nothing to stop that letter, aside from never getting near the entrance again. Even then, you have to do your business quickly, because he WILL find you.

I'm pretty sure the Forsworn quest won't get added to your journal as long as you don't read the letter.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

User Info: Slakr

Slakr
6 months ago#5
Blackreach.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Ban the DH.

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
6 months ago#6
Off the top of my head...

Barbas
Most of the dawnguard expansion, at least the forgotten vale and soul cairn parts.
Vigilant in Markarth
Ancano..... I know you're evil, and the urge to remove your head from your body exists now, yet the game will protect you until the end of this quest.... and those magic anomalies that spawn.
Any quest involving Hermaeus Mora

bkrugby
6 months ago#7
What great responses, I agree with most of them. You know I have played this game for years and never realized you could just kill Madonach in Cidna Mine. A bit harder the rest of the way for that quest but the reward is much greater IMO.

The Riften quest is weird because unlike most of the other Thane Requests, it's almost hidden. Pretty much every Thane Quest (apart from Whiterun is), do some good things, and then "Hey, there is room in my court for a new Thane and here is what you need to do!"
Though having a mod like Become a Skooma Drug Lord is great for that because of the obvious bonuses.

Slakr posted...
Blackreach.

Haha! Truth!

User Info: Dragondeity

Dragondeity
6 months ago#8
Anything that involves me to go into a dwarven ruin. The first time I had to go through the one for the Elder Knowledge quest to get the elder scroll(Alftand, I think), I got so lost I went completely crazy. I wandered around for hours, trying to get down to a certain place. I never found my way down there in the end, I just remembered my "Become Ethereal" shout and jumped down.
Sure, I was then swarmed by a bunch of falmer and spiders, but I was so relieved that the ordeal was over.

Also, I can never finish the thieves guild questline because I can't get through that stupid ruin to get Mercer. The Falmer and Chaurus are too tough.

As much as I think that the next Elder Scrolls game should have a questline where the Falmer are trying to destroy the world out of revenge, or that the Dwemer have returned, I really hate dwarven ruins.
Sweet Mother, Sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear...

bkrugby
6 months ago#9
^^ But you have Brynolf and Karliah with you. Just drop into Sneak mode and let them tank for you, they won't die (unless you have like Requiem or something).

The Thieves Guild...has its issues...which have been talked of relentlessly. One of the common complaints is that the quests are backwards. They really shouldn't throw you into the Goldenglow job, my opinion, till you have proven your worth by doing some jobs for Vex and Delvin.

Should have been more progressive. Like requiring you to do X amount of jobs in Riften, before doing Goldenglow (as a way to get your feet wet so to speak). Then X amount of jobs in Whiterun before the Honningbrew quest, so on and so forth. That way it would seem a bit more streamlined. This all would have made perfect sense too since you go Riften, Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm, Winterhold, Markarth, Riften, then the Pale. Pretty much hitting (almost) every hold and I felt that the side jobs should have streamlined into this.

User Info: boxwave

boxwave
6 months ago#10
The Book of Love
I eventually feel obligated to go through it on every character, and it's just not that fun to do for the tenth time. The free 15% magic resist is so good, but the quest is so boring to repeat. Interestingly I've gotten so streamlined at completing the quest that I tend to interweave it with other quests, and this leads to me killing Grelod the Kind in cold blood and then immediately heading over to the temple to embark on the journey of love.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most annoying Quest *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived