Most useful Racial Ability

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most useful Racial Ability

User Info: dorkman

dorkman
5 months ago#1
Which do you find to be the most useful? And I mean their ability not their bonuses they get. Like Breton's +25% Magicka Resistance. I mean thinks like Dragonskin.

To me I'd say Orc's Berserk Rage is the most useful. Half Damage and you get to deal double damage. It can be used in any situation you find yourself in.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
5 months ago#2
probably is berserk. every racial has uses, but berserk is almost always useful. in second place is probably VOTE, because its basically a stronger version of harmony, that works all the way to 99
every 60 seconds a minute dies! the wind is so violent in skyrim! abducted by aslans
sweetroll disappeared? it was probably 'borrowed' by a catmando who ate it

User Info: Macroman

Macroman
5 months ago#3
On paper, there is a tie for most useful: Orcs and Bretons, mostly because neither can be reproduced in the vanilla game. Nothing is like Berserk Rage, and while you can get Resist Magic enchantments, Bretons are the only race that can hit the magic resist cap without any enchanted items. This frees up those slots of other enchantments, like more HP or damage.

That said, I actually have a soft spot for Nords and Imperials -- their Illusion-esque abilities seem lame, but considering they have no level cap and a huge AOE, they can be useful all game. It's a nice "oh no" button when getting overwhelmed. I've had great fun with Battle Cry and Ice Storm; slow and fear are devious combo that never gets old. I love watching bandits and hagravens crawl away slowly as I pelt them in the rear with more blows... O_o
(message deleted)

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
5 months ago#5
these are both bs, anyone can cap magic resistance or spell absorb permanently with no enchantments, unless your running the crappy unofficial 'patches' that ruin the game, i cant beleive people are still spouting that nonsense. meanwhile, berserk is actually useful, unlike anything bretons can do
every 60 seconds a minute dies! the wind is so violent in skyrim! abducted by aslans
sweetroll disappeared? it was probably 'borrowed' by a catmando who ate it

dorkman
5 months ago#6
i do dislike how the Unofficial Patches remove the Vampire Necromage thing along with the Aspect of Terror affecting Flame Spell damages. That's why I haven't used it for the SE version.

User Info: Dimlhugiona

Dimlhugiona
5 months ago#7
Lockeadon posted...
these are both bs, anyone can cap magic resistance or spell absorb permanently with no enchantments, unless your running the crappy unofficial 'patches' that ruin the game, i cant beleive people are still spouting that nonsense. meanwhile, berserk is actually useful, unlike anything bretons can do

How exactly does USLEEP "ruin the game?" I'm genuinely curious as to how you came to have that opinion of it when there's documented proof that it makes the game more stable and closer to being bug/glitch/exploit free:

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Legendary%20Edition%20Patch%20Version%20History.html
3DS FC: 1779 - 2684 - 9325

dorkman
5 months ago#8
because some exploit and glitches people like. Like the Necromage Vampire.

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
5 months ago#9
Lockeadon posted...

Getting that free magic resistance means you can replace a magic resist enchant, pick a different Standing Stone power, save a couple of perk points, etc. Berserking is still powerful, but then it comes down to whether you prefer a powerful cooldown ability or a passive benefit.

(Also, unless I'm mistaken you can only reach 70% permanent Magic Resist without enchants, using the Lord Stone, Agent of Mara, and the perks, no?)
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!

User Info: PaulieDimps

PaulieDimps
5 months ago#10
My personal favorite is Highborn, which is helpful to mages in a pinch
Current Build: Ronnan Tafiir. Wood Elf Archer Thief
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Most useful Racial Ability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived