Do enemies leveling up with me every time or every few levels?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Do enemies leveling up with me every time or every few levels?

User Info: InfiniteSpawn

InfiniteSpawn
5 months ago#1
I'm curious how this works. I'm on adapt difficulty. As far as the enemies goes, do they level up every time I level up or is it like every 5-10 levels they level up? Also, with their armor and weapons... do they get better weapons and armor every time I level up or every few levels?

Is there like a set level where everything gets stronger? I've seen some unigue weapons that have stronger effects based on what level you are currently on when you first get them (seems to be every 10 levels the weapon would be stronger when you found it).

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
5 months ago#2
Bad guys level up just like gear does. As you go up, the enemies get easier to kill until you hit the next level list. They suddenly seem tougher, and get easier as you go up until BAM! You cross that level list and it starts all over.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
5 months ago#3
Leveled NPCs will take your current level and possibly add or subtract a number to get their level. Usually followers and bosses. Generic enemies like Bandit, Bandit Outlaw, and so on are always the same level, but show up with different frequencies based on certain level thresholds you reach, hence all the Bandit Marauders and Draugr Deathlords running around at high levels. Their equipment works the same way, as does the equipment you find at higher levels, though the common bandit riffraff never gets particularly good gear, presumably after the complaints about random highwaymen somehow affording priceless glass armor in Oblivion.
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
5 months ago#4
Yea, bandits in Oblivion running around top quality gear was kinda immersion breaking.
I mean who the hell stoops to banditry when you can affort a full suit of Dwemer armor.

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
5 months ago#5
It should not be that immersion breaking if a few bandit leaders are really well equipped, however the thugs and weaker ones shouldn't all be running around in it. Otherwise you've reached the top of the bandit world and it's time to move into more of a enforcing/thieves guild type business. For the top guy to be well equipped is certainly possible though given what we find in dungeons and what they would find on caravans/traders at some point.

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
5 months ago#6
Even so if a bandit comes across something as valuable as Dwemer gear, he would likely make bank on it instead of keeping it for himself.
After all if he manages to sell it he'd be rich enough not to be a bandit anymore.
Only valid reason to keep it is if he really likes being a bandit or he is a wanted man throughout the land.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
5 months ago#7
See, here's my thoughts on being a bandit. You want light armor for quick getaways. You do NOT want to be slogging around in 100 lbs of armor when you could be in 50 lbs of armor and carrying 50 more pounds of gold!

Oh wait, gold doesn't weigh anything. Which is why I am carrying 10,000 pieces of it. Along with the 1,628 arrows I have...

Nevermiiiiiiind...
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
(message deleted)

User Info: Kreationz

Kreationz
5 months ago#9
Note: With few exceptions, by the time you hit level 51+ all the NPC's are at the max level when you first encounter them and all level based rewards are maxed(most max at 46).

For me, I skip Riverrun, use the Dawnstar chest(using the Whiterun Carriage to get there) exploit... Get what I need to start the restoloop, make some insanely expensive potions... then sell them to max speech, legendary it and repeat and repeat until lvl 51.... (My "Axe of Whiterun" is and Ebony Axe w/lvl 40 Banish"... lol). One lvl 51, I max smithing, make a base set of Glass armor(or Ebony), sell all but the armor and weapons I make(save a very high powered Fortify Carry Ring)... then head to Riverrun and play from there. Max rewards+just the right difficulty and access to what I need to make things fun for me...
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Do enemies leveling up with me every time or every few levels?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived