Only once has a dragon attacked inside a walled city

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Only once has a dragon attacked inside a walled city

User Info: VeesMcGees

VeesMcGees
1 month ago#1
And it was Windhelm, while the Imperial Legion was going to strike down Ulfric Stormcloak.

I guess it was sign.

Let's hear your interesting dragon (or other creature) attacks.
Rarity, the pony.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 month ago#2
Yeah, walled-city dragon fights do seem to be rare...at lest in my experience. The only one I can recall from recent memory was also in Windhelm, but for me it was when I was dicking around on The Butcher quest.

Probably the most interesting random encounter I've had featured a troll, a giant, a mammoth, two spiders, 3 bandits, a master vampire, his thrall, two death hounds, a revered dragon, and 3 dawnguard that were apparently hunting me because as they joined in half-way through the fight.

The fight started with the bandits fighting the vampires. A random arrow missed its target and hit a nearby mammoth which belonged to a giant that was apparently fighting off the two spiders. This pissed off the giant and the mammoth so when they killed the spiders they joined the other brawl. I don't even know where the troll came from, but it came running out of nowhere to start slapping people around.

Just as I transformed into my Vampire Lord form to join the fight, I hear the music start up accompanied by the roar of a dragon. Finish off the bandits, the thrall, and the two dogs when I hear something go wizzing by me. I turn around and here comes the Dawnguard.

Nothing like a spontaneous full-on skirmish breaking out in the middle of nowhere between 6 (7 counting myself) different "factions". :^)

User Info: Deathtnks

Deathtnks
1 month ago#3
Mine was early on and involved some mods.

Was walking out of Whiterun and heading west to do some sort of quest early on, saw a giant and a mammoth running towards the watchtower, I of course decided to go and poke it like an idiot, next thing I know, a dragon swoops down trying to burn everything, the giant manages to get one good swing on it before the dragon just decides it wants to stay airborne, about 2 minutes after this epic chase of Giant vs Dragon starts the whiterun guards decide they can take out this both of these titans, they swiftly are launched into orbit, I am of course just shooting arrows into the fray hoping to tag something, when lo and behold, 2 more dragons come and join the first, they then join forces to unleash their ultimate attack.

To crash my game.
Alien has stole teh 500 from me. TWICE!
I don't stop. I'm like the Energizer bunny. ~ alien_gundamneo

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
1 month ago#4
During my current play through, I have trashed dragons inside the walls of Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften and Solitude. I have not encountered one in Markarth so far.

Funniest thing (to me) that happened was immediately after slaying the one in Solitude (I used Dragonrend to ground it so the guards, companions and I could pound it down quick) was a Solitude guard remarking: "Guard might get nervous, a man approaches with his weapon drawn..."

I was like: "DUDE! I just saved you and your frakkin' city! Cut me some slack here, willya?" *LOL*
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
1 month ago#5
I had a Storm Dragon (Obviously mods) show up in Riften, and proceed to turn most of it's inhabitants into ash.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
1 month ago#6
It does seem to vary from game to game, even just playing vanilla. There seem to be some cities that get attacked very often(for my first character, it was Dawnstar... for my third, it was Morthal... for my fourth or fifth, it was Falkreath). Poor Dawnstar must have hated to see me fast travel into town, because unless I had been there in the past X days, my arrival came with a Dragon around 90% of the time. However across all files and all characters, I think I've seen two dragons in Markarth, five in Windhelm, three in Riften, a few in Whiterun, and never a single dragon in Solitude that I can remember. Compare that to hundreds in Dawnstar, Morthal, Falkreath, and Winterhold.

User Info: mirage_004

mirage_004
1 month ago#7
ValiantKnight posted...
It does seem to vary from game to game, even just playing vanilla. There seem to be some cities that get attacked very often(for my first character, it was Dawnstar... for my third, it was Morthal... for my fourth or fifth, it was Falkreath). Poor Dawnstar must have hated to see me fast travel into town, because unless I had been there in the past X days, my arrival came with a Dragon around 90% of the time. However across all files and all characters, I think I've seen two dragons in Markarth, five in Windhelm, three in Riften, a few in Whiterun, and never a single dragon in Solitude that I can remember. Compare that to hundreds in Dawnstar, Morthal, Falkreath, and Winterhold.

I'm the opposite with regard to walled-cities. The only dragon encounter I've had in a walled city was Solitude. Thought the shadow was a hawk at first, lol.
Need a new signature here.

User Info: VeesMcGees

VeesMcGees
1 month ago#8
ValiantKnight posted...

Ugh, I started fast traveling to locations near non z walled cities to avoid dragon attacks there. Instead the dragon can attack around the cave or wherever i go to. Except that time I went by the Blades temple and the Forsworn killed an ancient dragon for me.
Rarity, the pony.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Only once has a dragon attacked inside a walled city

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived