If you could play Skyrim as any NPC, which one would it be?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. If you could play Skyrim as any NPC, which one would it be?

User Info: Fallahad

Fallahad
3 weeks ago#1
I like to play as the Thalmor, so I obviously chose a Thalmor NPC. But that is not the point. Skyrim has many, many interesting NPCs I'd love to play as. Like Paarthurnax. Or Cicero.

Of course, with the mod "alternate Actors" we can actually play as any NPC of your choice, like in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sy4R1k3wE&list=PL9JQ6sFR05Zn5zSMCD7tfwf4b9eWFzxfl&index=1

However, even if you play as him/her, little changes regarding the plot happen. You can kill the original player character and play the rest of the game as the NPC you are controlling. But the game will then start recognizing this NPC as the new player character and treat him/her as if they are the new Dragonborn, with a few exceptions (for example, I can enter and leave the Thalmor embassy without being harassed while controlling my Thalmor NPC; even if I attack a thalmor Justiciar, the others will help me kill the one I'm attacking).

So, my question is: which NPC would you choose?

Also, does anyone know of any mod that allows a deeper immersion regarding playing the game from a NPC's point of view?
My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnXqg_MYZEm3DQK3X40mRfQ

User Info: Oddplume

Oddplume
3 weeks ago#2
This makes me wonder if Alternate Actors could be combined with Familiar Faces? I'm tempted to try and see if I can make an adventuring party instead of just rolling a lone Dragonborn. Even if it is something super simple like the Dragonborn had a few friends he/she traveled to Skyrim with and got separated before the cart ride to Helgen? For example, I restarted a character who is a 2h swordsman in heavy armor, it would be nice if he befriended a rising upstart in the College of Winterhold who is an actual mage, instead of having to do everything himself to advance the plot there.

Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn't mind being Jarl for a day. Maybe mind control Balgruuf or Vignar depending on the circumstances. I think there's already mods for being a Jarl or being a bandit leader or some such. I'm concerned I have too many SKSE based mods that wouldn't jive with multiple "PC"s in a single save anyway. I use Skyrim Unbound so everybody except the fore mentioned 2h warrior got to skip the Helgen near execution part and just spring up somewhere in Skyrim, but there's still a laundry list of MCM settings I go through for each character before even getting to the creation menu.

I don't know of any mods that expound upon NPC roles though. Just about everything immersion focused is on immersion for the dragonborn, not the rest of the cast. Even some of those survival mods probably ignore needs and climate for enemy NPCs to keep the northern half of Skyrim from being completely barren, (and to save on CPU loads.)

I haven't had much time to search the nexus or any other mod sites lately, and my job keeps me from my good gaming rig for weeks at a time. Working sucks. I miss being a NEET.
Load the Spaceship with the rocket fuel, LOAD IT WITH THE WORDS!
R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior 4/8/2014

User Info: Needforspeed2

Needforspeed2
3 weeks ago#3
Probably one of the members of the dark brotherhood. They seem to live the most exciting lives. Not that i would want that in real life. Im mean from an RP standpoint.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
3 weeks ago#4
If I could play any NPC?

Why not jump to the head of the class? Ulfric or Tullius. Because I would totally change the entire nature of the civil war, playing either character. Not that the game is flexible enough to actually let you role-play outside the rails it has set up.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: Marcel4816

Marcel4816
3 weeks ago#5
Nazeem, so I can get to the Cloud District more often.
Sometimes Lady Luck grants you a nice kiss, and other times she slaps you across the face - zarokima

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
3 weeks ago#6
Maven.
It feels so good to be so bad.
I'd have NPC whacked at my leisure, get guards to fight each other...
Actually, I should be able to do that with the Become King of Skyrim mod.
A new game is about to begin...
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: Xbxluver

Xbxluver
3 weeks ago#7
I did that, used the (ffaces)shinebooks to record my other characters as npc for cross world playing & swaped between them in the same save game as my main, I didn't however go as far as taking over my mains clone on a secondary character to clone & switch back to my main characters save world to take a npc for cloning to repeat clone on a third save to keep them forever, sort of pointless since you could just find them in game, even their dead body to control/console command spawn them in if they ever did die & disappear...

But all this is very possible, the mods slightly buggy so I stopped messing with it.
Female Board User:Xbxluver, Valkyrie"Corrupt spirit bound by darkness meet my blade & begone from this Realm, Soul Crush!"

User Info: H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z
3 weeks ago#8
M'aiq.

I'd love to know what he gets up to in his spare time.
So say we all.

User Info: MortimerMcMire

MortimerMcMire
3 weeks ago#9
alduin

I'd beat the PC by never ever landing to fight
http://i.imgur.com/gmE9SAv.jpg

User Info: marrax

marrax
3 weeks ago#10
A priestess of Dibella.
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6Gb | Win10 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. If you could play Skyrim as any NPC, which one would it be?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived