Recommended mods for a newcomer to Skyrim on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Recommended mods for a newcomer to Skyrim on PC?

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#1
I found this link to be helpful:
http://www.pcgamer.com/best-skyrim-mods/

However, they do mention of potential compatibility issues, so I'm hoping there's a recommended list of mods that are not only covering every aspect of the game, but are compatible with each other.
I may control all the elements, but I sure can't control all the people in this world... at least, not without fear.

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
3 weeks ago#2
Try step.

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#3
Chielz0r posted...
Try step.

Well, that was an awfully simple answer. What are you even talking about?
I may control all the elements, but I sure can't control all the people in this world... at least, not without fear.

User Info: Slakr

Slakr
3 weeks ago#4
Google "Skyrim step". Sometimes things are just that simple.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Ban the DH.

User Info: DoctorProctor19

DoctorProctor19
3 weeks ago#5
I enjoy the unofficial patch obviously as well as immersive patrols, immersive citizens, immersive armors, and of course skyrim script extender (SKSE)

A new favorite of mine as well is mortal enemies, which makes it so you and AI can't spin the camera around mid-swing. Making dodging an actual viable option. I use that with the TK dodge and it has greatly improved the feel of combat in this game.
You'll also need XP32 skeleton and FNIS (there's a specific tick option in FNIS for TK dodge to make it work in 3rd person)

Race compatibility is pretty necessary for any race mods, skytweak is pretty nice, and climates of tamriel.

I also like phendrix magic, legacy of the dragonborn (massive AMAZING mod!), daedric artifacts improved: Vanilla version on steam, Thunderchild on Nexus, additem menu V2 and finally infinite shouts, which adds a necklace that gives you 0 shout time for all shouts. Very fun lol

I also really like The Uchiha Clan on nexus which goes with the Naruto overhaul mod only available on steam. though the mod is based on Naruto obviously, regardless if you don't like the anime. I fully recommend it! The "Jutsus" or spells added by the game actually fit relatively well in the game imo. It also adds a stone in the jutsu master hideout where you can convert dragon souls into perk points. The Uchiha Clan mod on Nexus allows you to save your regular eyes, choose 1 of 5 paths which unlock unique abilities as you kill more and more people. I won't spoil anymore but it's awesome :). You can also resort to straight up buying the spells if you don't follow that specific path
PSN: hunter1928 Gamertag: Private Moses

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#6
Slakr posted...
Google "Skyrim step". Sometimes things are just that simple.

...you're right.

TheNextAvatar4
3 weeks ago#7
DoctorProctor19 posted...
I enjoy the unofficial patch obviously as well as immersive patrols, immersive citizens, immersive armors, and of course skyrim script extender (SKSE)

A new favorite of mine as well is mortal enemies, which makes it so you and AI can't spin the camera around mid-swing. Making dodging an actual viable option. I use that with the TK dodge and it has greatly improved the feel of combat in this game.
You'll also need XP32 skeleton and FNIS (there's a specific tick option in FNIS for TK dodge to make it work in 3rd person)

Race compatibility is pretty necessary for any race mods, skytweak is pretty nice, and climates of tamriel.

I also like phendrix magic, legacy of the dragonborn (massive AMAZING mod!), daedric artifacts improved: Vanilla version on steam, Thunderchild on Nexus, additem menu V2 and finally infinite shouts, which adds a necklace that gives you 0 shout time for all shouts. Very fun lol

I also really like The Uchiha Clan on nexus which goes with the Naruto overhaul mod only available on steam. though the mod is based on Naruto obviously, regardless if you don't like the anime. I fully recommend it! The "Jutsus" or spells added by the game actually fit relatively well in the game imo. It also adds a stone in the jutsu master hideout where you can convert dragon souls into perk points. The Uchiha Clan mod on Nexus allows you to save your regular eyes, choose 1 of 5 paths which unlock unique abilities as you kill more and more people. I won't spoil anymore but it's awesome :). You can also resort to straight up buying the spells if you don't follow that specific path

Good choices. I think it's also a good choice to start with compatibility and bug fix patches.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
3 weeks ago#8
If you aren't already using it - LOOT (Load Order Optimization Tool) Great resource that greatly cuts down on conflicts created by improper load order.

Wrye Bash - not the simplest tool to use, but there are plenty of tutorials available. This is the tool used to create the often mentioned "Bashed Patch" that fixes conflicts.

Wrye Bash can't fix everything though - mods that put buildings in the same world space, for example, usually can't be bashed into working together. A bashed patch in that case basically disables one of the buildings so you can use the other. Simpler to just uninstall the conflicting mod. IF there are other items in that mod that you want to use and they don't conflict with other things, the bashed patch might be worth trying.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Recommended mods for a newcomer to Skyrim on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived