I couldn't have asked for a better 20th Anniversary for Final Fantasy IV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  3. I couldn't have asked for a better 20th Anniversary for Final Fantasy IV

User Info: drcossack

drcossack
6 years ago#11

Nice. FFIV is my favorite series as well. Will they include TAY as well. That is why it is meant by 'Complete Collection'. --- http://luckyorfoolish.blogspot.com/

Yes they are, and they're doing a bridge between the two games. Can't wait to see what that entails. I'm fairly sure it'll involve Ceodore in some capacity, but who knows how much/what else it'll involve.

I agree with you Dar, I can't wait. But since I can't read Japanese, I'm going to wait for an English release so that I can enjoy the story in full. Especially since there is going to be a bridging story and hopefully some more fleshing out of TAY's story. Man this news had made my 20th year on Earth sound even more awesome. --- Official Edge of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards

The inability to read Japanese won't bother me - it's not the first time I've played a game in Japanese, and it won't be the last. Granted, I won't be able to understand the dialogue, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since I know the stories of both IV & TAY. The ignorance towards the language can be a slight hamper where the battle system is concerned, but there's plenty of help with that: weapons base attack power, spell costs, and item descriptions. I also plan on referring to this frequently: http://ff4.wikidot.com/start. It helped me immensely when I imported the Japanese version of FFIV DS.
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)

User Info: madfan666

madfan666
6 years ago#12
It's not too bad to play a game in japanese with all the resources available online but I want to enjoy the story more especially if they have improved the story of TAY and added scenes to it. Also very helpful if Augments are involved so I don't need to look up what the kanji looks like when making decisions on Augment distribution.
Official Edge of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards
Waiting for: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection and Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  3. I couldn't have asked for a better 20th Anniversary for Final Fantasy IV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived