Love the customization in this game... But I need larger random maps.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
  3. Love the customization in this game... But I need larger random maps.

User Info: IlluminaZer0

IlluminaZer0
4 years ago#1
More games should allow this level of customization: Being able to create my own Sovereigns, Factions, and Units is simply awesome. I believe I've spent over 6 hours just modifying my own custom content.

Not only is the in-game customization awesome, having so much data saved as XML makes this game remarkably easy to mod. Being able to easily modify my factions through the power of Notepad++ is beyond awesome.

The only problem now is that I have too many factions. The large map size is too small for my custom factions. Has there been any word of creating a larger random map size? The DLC has a map that is apparently 5 times larger than the default random map sizes, why can't we create randomly generated maps of that size?

IlluminaZer0
4 years ago#2
Found a decent mod, oddly enough... (As in I didn't have any luck until just now)

http://forums.elementalgame.com/433981/page/1/#replies

Time to make more factions. ;)

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
4 years ago#3
I agree with all you say except the large map stuff, I just haven't played enough yet. I love this game though. Last night was the first time I really have it time and man! It had that civ addicted quality.
Clevo P160EM, i7 3720QM, gtx 680m, 16gb DDR3
PowerFAQs 1.10

IlluminaZer0
4 years ago#4
One thing I find remarkable is that there doesn't seem to be an upper limit in opponent factions... So far I can have 15 opponent factions due to my own 8 custom factions. I want a larger map to accommodate these factions of mine. ;)

Although you can place them in a tiny map as well...

It's just too bad that we cannot create custom units for a faction without playing as said faction (or making them in pure XML...)

And it definitely has that Civilization feel. Although oddly enough I haven't played a game till the end yet as I keep wanting to restart to create more content, try a different strategy, or modify the difficulty.

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
4 years ago#5
I had that feeling in civ too, I always love the exploration and set up of the early game. I have a feeling the mods in this game are going to be awesome. Mods or expansions.
Clevo P160EM, i7 3720QM, gtx 680m, 16gb DDR3
PowerFAQs 1.10
  1. Boards
  2. Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
  3. Love the customization in this game... But I need larger random maps.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived