Non-DLC Outfits?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
4 years ago#1
Are there any unlockable outfits in the game that AREN'T paid DLC? I don't mind buying new outfits for characters in an FF game, but I was hoping that they would have programmed several into the game proper that can be unlocked.

-Arvis

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 years ago#2
No, but then again the only reason the outfit option is in the menu is because of DLC, if there was no DLC there wouldn't be outfits.
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Journey
Waiting for: Xenoblade

Arvis_Jaggamar
4 years ago#3
Great. How horribly lame. A whole menu option full of blank spots just to hold one or two DLC outfits. My life sucks! *FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS*

-Arvis

User Info: ColonelGuile

ColonelGuile
4 years ago#4
There are none unfortunately.

However, Serah's XIII outfit is programmed into the game and should be released as a DLC unlock at some point.

The first patch you downloaded creates the Outfits selection in the Menu screen.

Tiael
4 years ago#5
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Great. How horribly lame. A whole menu option full of blank spots just to hold one or two DLC outfits. My life sucks! *FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS*

-Arvis

3 so far (default, Summoner's Garb, Beachwear), with Exposure & Defense and a Mass Effect outfit coming, possibly more for Serah.
And Noel has 3 so far, with Assassin's Creed outfit coming and more.
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2, God of War Collection, Jak & Daxter Collection, Journey

Arvis_Jaggamar
4 years ago#6
I always had one of those weird ideas that RPG characters should change clothes every now and again. I mean, by the end of FFX Auron's robe's got to be pretty rank, right?

So I was hoping there would be a good selection of outfits to alternate through in this game. Still... at least there ARE some options. Which is cool.

-Arvis

Tiael
4 years ago#7
Yeah, but aside from class changes, cross dressing and dressing for a dance, for the mission, graduating to an upperclass, and a wedding (and XI, but an MMO is going to have equipment change), no past main FF has had an option to change outfits in the game.

User Info: tmrw_nt_tdy

tmrw_nt_tdy
4 years ago#8
sadly the outfits tab is only there so SE can milk it's fans.

if you're looking for a game with tons of non-dlc outfits to swap around try resonance of fate by sega tric-ace. it has "A LOT" of clothing and costumes.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill millions of men and you are a hero. Kill them all, and you are a god.

Arvis_Jaggamar
4 years ago#9
Yes, I LOVE Resonance of Fate. The outfit changes are one of the best things about it. However.... they're really freaking expensive, and that money can be better used one items/equipment/etc.

STILL!! Beggars can't be choosers. Resonance of Fate still makes me happy. :)

As does XIII-2.

-Arvis

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived