Improved Potions > Curaja ------ Why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Improved Potions > Curaja ------ Why?

User Info: MegaRamza

MegaRamza
4 years ago#1
When I got Curaja, I started using it, then I put Grimoire Hat on Serah, bit it was mostly for Kill: Libra, I used a potion and it healed way more than Curaja, I ended up almost never using Curaja later on mostly when I ran out of potions. (except for post-game so I could equip things such as Magistral Crest on Serah and Kaizer Knuckles on Noel).

Of course, I am taking to note that Curaja heals more the less hp you have left.

User Info: Xalvin

Xalvin
4 years ago#2
I think you're referring to Curaja from Noel?
He's MAG stat is very low. You can't really expect him to heal much.
Lightning: "Worst Birthday Ever"

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#3
Noel's bad magic. But yeah, the potions are better, easier, and quicker.

User Info: MegaRamza

MegaRamza
4 years ago#4
Oh, that must be why lol.

User Info: boysplz

boysplz
4 years ago#5
Nah, it's not his magic stat since the formula for Coraja doesn't really rely on that.

(lost HP * Multi) + [(lost HP * MA) / 100,000] = recovery amount

Any contribution from magic here is divided by 100K which will usually be less than 100 HP even assuming a lot of health lost and a pretty high magic stat.

I think it's that improved potions is really that much better since I think potions recover percentages this time around.
paradise engineer

User Info: Nemyar

Nemyar
4 years ago#6
Curaja's free, Potion isn't.

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#7
Nemyar posted...
Curaja's free, Potion isn't.

They basically are.

I guess it must be because Serah/Noel/Monster have half a lot less HP than in FFXIII, so the set value of double potions outweighs the percentage of Curaja.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
4 years ago#8
boysplz posted...
I think it's that improved potions is really that much better since I think potions recover percentages this time around.

Potions recover a percentage in XIII once your HP are high enough. I think the percentage in XIII-2 is higher, but I'm not sure and am short on time to test.

t~

User Info: DreamGoddess1

DreamGoddess1
4 years ago#9
Curaja is really only good when you're in critical HP.

So yeah, potions are usually better, because only a select few enemies can actually hurt you that much in this game.

User Info: Zekun

Zekun
4 years ago#10
It's funny how people think that Magic plays such a big role for a Medic when it honestly really doesn't make too much of a difference.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Improved Potions > Curaja ------ Why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived