Admit it, this is a good game.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Admit it, this is a good game.

User Info: AlmasNo1Fan

AlmasNo1Fan
4 months ago#1
I noticed this game gets a lot of flak, and I am really not sure why. I felt it polished the battle system and presented us an interesting component with monster and fusing.

Also I like that even at top levels the game can be a challenge.

So, what gives?
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik

User Info: Moonlitxangel

Moonlitxangel
4 months ago#2
Honestly, I agree with you. I absolutely adore this one and I love FFXIII for what it is. Lightning Returns I'm not sure about yet as I haven't beaten it, but this one I can honestly say will be the first game I've ever 100% completed. I didn't the first time I played through it.

AlmasNo1Fan
3 months ago#3
Thanks! Long live FFXIII-2!

User Info: sakurayule

sakurayule
3 months ago#4
I wouldn't have written an 800kb FAQ for this game if it wasn't good.
\_(ツ)_/

AlmasNo1Fan
3 months ago#5
sakurayule posted...
I wouldn't have written an 800kb FAQ for this game if it wasn't good.

@sakurayule

I, for one, am *very* grateful for your work!

Thanks for sharing your love for the game in the topic :)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: sakurayule

sakurayule
3 months ago#6
lol It took a long time to write that sucker. I think the longest part was the pre-faq Monster Leveling. Me and a few others captured, leveled, and documented every single monster in the game throughout their entire progression from 1 to 99. Once we had that list complete, everything else came easy, and the community was able to use it to make some amazing builds using our foundation list.

That was truly an inspiring sight, seeing so many people come together around one piece of work to make something greater. Sad to see the board so dead. Those were good times.
\_(ツ)_/

AlmasNo1Fan
3 months ago#7
Yeah. I follow your models and build my monsters accordingly, though I capture every monster but build only the DLC ones. Its so fascinating to hear how the work came about, too! Thanks for sharing!

I am not so good insofar as I get Sash ASAP and with him as the monster I can carry myself through the game quite nicely till Chapter 4ish.

Then, I try to get both Lightnings.

For me, the board is just dead because its been so long since the game's release. But, also, other FF games tend to have a fierce following and I am stunned that actually this and the FF board isn't still active.

A good FF always has its fair share of haters, alas. I guess I am just being nostalgic because I had a lot of fun on both those boards.

Thanks once again for your work! :)

User Info: Valkenhyne

Valkenhyne
3 months ago#8
It's comparably good to 13 but I wouldn't say it's a 'good' Final Fantasy game.

User Info: JamesBR27

JamesBR27
3 months ago#9
I agree so much that I actually bought this game TWICE. The first time in 2012 the disc version, platinum and traded it, than again digitally on 2015. I missed it so much.
PSN: Same as Above. 31 Years of Gaming Life.
I dont troll ANY board, if I have nothing to say on a board, I just don't post on it.

User Info: JLowe22

JLowe22
3 months ago#10
Best game in the XIII trilogy, and its not all that close. And "Dash" is one of the best FF songs I've ever heard, the violin solo alone makes me like the game even more.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Admit it, this is a good game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.