Splinter Cell Essentials

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Splinter Cell Essentials

User Info: Arok2092

Arok2092
5 years ago#1
I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan but never owned a PSP. Is Essentials its own game or is it a port of Double Agent? Also does it being on the Vita make it any better?

Thanks for any help!
Henshin-a-go-go baby!

User Info: BigCheesySan

BigCheesySan
5 years ago#2
I'm curious to know this, too. And if the right analog can somehow be used to control the camera and aiming. I remember the reviews mainly complaining about that.
I ignore trolls. If I don't reply to your trolling comment chances are you're on my Ignore List. Congratulations on making the list.

User Info: gambit444

gambit444
5 years ago#3
i was/am also curious. i dug this up from metacritic. It looks like its a combination of levels from a few games to get you up to date (2006) with the story. i may be wrong.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-essentials
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,

User Info: DrGonzo615

DrGonzo615
5 years ago#4
I had the game on PSP....honestly its not worth the money. Yes its a compilation of previous SC levels, but its very clunky, technically its pretty rough and its just not as good as you are hoping
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg

Arok2092
5 years ago#5
nothin2believein posted...
I had the game on PSP....honestly its not worth the money. Yes its a compilation of previous SC levels, but its very clunky, technically its pretty rough and its just not as good as you are hoping

If its just a compilation I guess I'll probably pass on it. But otherwise you underestimate my love of SC. The only one I don't like is Conviction.
Henshin-a-go-go baby!

User Info: BigCheesySan

BigCheesySan
5 years ago#6
Arok2092 posted...

If its just a compilation I guess I'll probably pass on it. But otherwise you underestimate my love of SC. The only one I don't like is Conviction.

Yea the 1 button kill everything in the room was fun at first and but it really wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. I want the old school Splinter Cell.
I ignore trolls. If I don't reply to your trolling comment chances are you're on my Ignore List. Congratulations on making the list.

Arok2092
5 years ago#7
mrvercetti posted...
Arok2092 posted...

Yea the 1 button kill everything in the room was fun at first and but it really wasn't Splinter Cell anymore. I want the old school Splinter Cell.

I have a lot more hate for it then just that but that was a big problem. I want the classic Splinter Cells back too.
Henshin-a-go-go baby!

User Info: joelang12

joelang12
5 years ago#8
if youre a SC fan then get it. compilation or not its still pretty cool. but then i like a lot of games that got bad reviews/ critics say were garbage....
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
3DS FC. 3480-2713-1662 Add me

Arok2092
5 years ago#9
joelang12 posted...
if youre a SC fan then get it. compilation or not its still pretty cool. but then i like a lot of games that got bad reviews/ critics say were garbage....

You really think its worth it?

I don't care what critics say. Scores don't matter to me. As long as I find a game fun its worth it to me.
Henshin-a-go-go baby!

User Info: DrGonzo615

DrGonzo615
5 years ago#10
Im a huge SC fan as well (Chaos Theory is still one of the best stealth games ever made) but I still think this game isnt worth the money, but thats just my opinion.
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Splinter Cell Essentials

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived