Vita Features Wishlist

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita Features Wishlist

User Info: jaekidd1012

jaekidd1012
5 years ago#1
Not sure if this topic's already been touched on but I'm not willing to browse through 2,694 pages (at the time of this writing) to find out. Anyway...

I'm a new Vita owner. I've had my [3G] Vita for only 3 days now. So far I like it a lot. I love some of it's features and got to thinking of new features that could/should be added via future firmware updates. I want others to chime in with their thoughts but for now here's my list:

1. Pin browser bookmarks onto home screen
- I'd like to see this in a future update as I think it would go a long way towards efficiency and usability. Not an absolute must-have feature but a nice addition, IMO.

2. Improved homescreen customization/icon management
- Being able to do things like zoom out using a pinch multi-touch gesture in order to see all screens while moving tiles around would be helpful. If I'm too lazy to manually arrange my icons then I'd like to see a sort feature which will rearrange my icons based on category (games, apps, default apps, etc), date added, size and usage. Folders would be nice, too, in order to minimize the need to swipe between screens.

3. In-game screenshots
- Not sure if this is a feature that's up to Sony to implement in a firmware update or up to the individual game developers but this would be cool, IMO. You can boast about your in-game accolades all you want but no screenshot = it didn't happen.

4. Improved app-to-app communication
- For example, allow Near to plot your location as well as that of anyone else who wishes to share their location using Near on Google Maps. Speaking of Near, how about expanding the search field beyond 2 miles? Just a thought. Anyway, allow Foursquare and Facebook check-ins via Near. How about being able to post camera pics to Facebook or Twitter straight from the camera app? I know photos can be uploaded using those respective apps but this feature just makes sense, IMHO. Same with recorded videos: lets us post them to Youtube from the camera app.

5. Condense Party and Group Messaging into one app
- The Party app seems a bit redundant. I'm quite sure Sony could simply add the Party app's functions into the Group Messaging app. also, how about adding Vita-to-Vita videoconferencing to the Party app?

6. Add automatic game and app updating
- What this would do is check for updates to my installed games and apps on a set interval. I would really like this feature because I find it a bit annoying when I can't play a game until it's update downloads then installs. I use my Vita frequently so I'd imagine this scenario is worse for someone who doesn't use their Vita as much and has multiple updates to multiple apps and/or games. At least this way everything is brought up to date in one fell swoop.

7. Pop-out video player
- I would LOVE this! You start a video from the video player, Netflix or Youtube, then press a button and you're returned to the homescreen with that video still playing in the foreground so you can, for example, watch a video review of a game from the PS Store that you're uncertain of while still browsing the store. True multitasking! Behind the scenes, the GPU would render the video, leaving the CPU to handle whatever else you're doing. At any rate, I'm confident the Vita has the muscle to make it happen.

Here's some app ideas to expand the Vita's functionality:

1. A dedicated (and Google Reader-friendly) RSS reader
2. A Podcasting app for audio and video podcasts
3. A location-aware Weather app (the Vita is meant to be taken with you into the outside world so this, too, just makes sense, IMO)

On it's own merit, the PS Vita has plenty of potential and these features, among others, would bring it closer to realizing that potential and broaden it's appeal and value, IMO.
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Looking for PS Vita friends

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
5 years ago#2
Some good ideas there.

Although an in-game screenshot feature already exists. Press the PS button and the Start button at the same time. This works with nearly all Vita games, and in all of the Vita's menus. It doesn't work with PSP games (as of now anyway) though.

User Info: numbnut909

numbnut909
5 years ago#3
Number 3 will never happen
(message deleted)

User Info: jack_gllghr

jack_gllghr
5 years ago#5
Good list!

PSOne Cloud Memory Cards - Allow us to upload our memory cards to the clouds, essentially making every single PSOne Classic cross play compatible. Heck make it a Plus feature, but this would be awesome and not too difficult, a whole memory card is only 1MB!
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

User Info: joeman6

joeman6
5 years ago#6
Isn't there already in game screenshots?
PSN: pluto-3_
http://backloggery.com/joeman6

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
5 years ago#7
jack_gllghr posted...
this would be awesome and not too difficult, a whole memory card is only 1MB!

PSone memory cards are actually only 128KB. The "1MB" capacity listed on the box is one megabit.

User Info: jaekidd1012

jaekidd1012
5 years ago#8
joeman6 posted...

Nope. Well, it isn't possible in UMvC3 which is the only Vita game I've played so far. As I said, I'm not sure if this is a firmware limitation or a game-specific feature that varies depending on the game.

numbnut909 posted...

Why not?
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Looking for PS Vita friends

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
5 years ago#9
More games.

User Info: GeassMaster

GeassMaster
5 years ago#10
jaekidd1012 posted...
joeman6 posted...

Nope. Well, it isn't possible in UMvC3 which is the only Vita game I've played so far. As I said, I'm not sure if this is a firmware limitation or a game-specific feature that varies depending on the game.

numbnut909 posted...

Why not?

Because in-game screenshots is up to developers. Most games support them.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita Features Wishlist

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived