SONY just lost a customer over the firmware update.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. SONY just lost a customer over the firmware update.

User Info: bratt100

bratt100
5 years ago#1
I own a north American PSvita and live in Australia. I purchased it and bought over $600 in games in the past month along with a case and 32gb memory card. I also own 3 PS3's with over 200 games and even more downloadable titles, I even own an old PSP with over 25 games and a brand new Sony TV.

This year alone I have spent over $3000 on playstation products. But after updating my PSVita and having it brick my console...I don't think I'll ever buy another SONY Product. It's not the bricking, it's the complete lack of help or service I recieved from Sony while trying to get it repaired. They won't even point me in a direction that well help me.

The first person I talked to said "oh you well just have to buy another one I guess" yes because my initial $250 purchase wasn't enough for them or even the $600 in vita games I just bought...now they want me to rebuy the console when there update wrecked my console.

It is a SONY product and I don't even mind paying to have it repaired, but they won't even help me find a place to get it repaired. I did nothing wrong and now I'm being punished for there hardware fault.

Never again well I buy a Sony product..not unless they fix my 1 mon old system.
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: Kadiroth

Kadiroth
5 years ago#2
Mmm...
Patience is a virtue?
"And I thought my jokes were bad." - Joker

User Info: sinncross

sinncross
5 years ago#3
Australia huh?
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!

User Info: Raven236

Raven236
5 years ago#4
normally Sony will only honour the vita if its from that country.
As the vita does not fall under Sony's international warranty.

example a vita imported. from the states and you try to send it to Sony Singapore.

the Singapore branch will not honour the warranty.

international warranty only applies for some of Sonys products.
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura

User Info: selfdeztruction

selfdeztruction
5 years ago#5
Sony doesn't care since you have more money than they do.

Can I haz the sony monies centz yu hatez'em now?
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (Revolution) - 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS FC (HaVoK) 3780-9281-5652

User Info: y3kman

y3kman
5 years ago#6
Sorry for your loss. Your best bet is to look for a third party service center.

I don't know about how Sony deal with repairs in Australia but here in my country they only accept repair services for products that have the domestic/local warranty card. Most video game stores are carrying imported consoles from HK and the USA. No one wants to buy from the Sony Centers because it carries a higher price tag.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6997-7741

bratt100
5 years ago#7
I dont mind having to pay them to repair it. I just want the option to have it repaired by a company that knows what they are doing.
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix
5 years ago#8
Keep calling them and don't be afraid to ask to speak to managers. Ask to escalate.
Proud to be a fanboy of games, not consoles.

User Info: Raven236

Raven236
5 years ago#9
bratt100 posted...
I dont mind having to pay them to repair it. I just want the option to have it repaired by a company that knows what they are doing.

have you tried the vitas recovery menu?

hold down power button for about 30 seconds +it takes a while)

at the menu chose reinitalize vita. (reinstall the os)

hope it helps.
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura

bratt100
5 years ago#10
Raven236 posted...
bratt100 posted...

have you tried the vitas recovery menu?

hold down power button for about 30 seconds +it takes a while)

at the menu chose reinitalize vita. (reinstall the os)

hope it helps.

Thanks man, but I've done it all at this point. I'm left with customer service BS.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. SONY just lost a customer over the firmware update.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived