Replace with Vita or 3000?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Replace with Vita or 3000?

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
5 years ago#1
Current 3000 broke down. Replace with another or a Vita?

Cost of 3000: $130 new.

Cost of Vita:
$250 for system
$150-200 to replace UMD games with PSN versions
$80 for 32 GB memory card to store those games
And lose Star Ocean 1 and 2
"The Bible tends to be printed on special thin paper to allow it to be read without divine intervention."

User Info: Hydra_Gundam_

Hydra_Gundam_
5 years ago#2
Depends if youre done playing the umd games. But if none of the vita games interest you than stick with the psp i guess.
PSN: HYDRAGUNDAM-

User Info: Rotuhiiri

Rotuhiiri
5 years ago#3
Get a new PSP for now, save up for a future Vita.
Motorola 68000 @ 7.67 MHz | Zilog Z80 @ 3.58 MHz | 64K RAM | 64K vRAM | 64 simultaneous colours on screen | 16-bit Arcade Graphics | Blast Processing

User Info: Natureboy99

Natureboy99
5 years ago#4
If you just want to play PSP games then get a new 3000. If you want in on the Vita library, get a Vita. It sounds like you have a large UMD library so maybe you should get a 3000. Its going to be cheaper for you to buy a 3000 for your PSP games than the added cost of the downloads.
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel

User Info: DemonDog666

DemonDog666
5 years ago#5
First of all don't replace your games, atleast not all of them that's stupid, if you aren't done with any of them then just get a new psp, if you are done with most of them then sell them and use the money to buy the ones you aren't finished with digitally, and buy them one at a time, since sales on psp games are common on psn (got 5 games for 30 bucks)

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
5 years ago#6
Rotuhiiri posted...
Get a new PSP for now, save up for a future Vita.

User Info: OMG_A_PONY

OMG_A_PONY
5 years ago#7
go with the psp. its the better handheld IMO. even japan thinks so.

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
5 years ago#8
There are a few Vita games that interest me: Gravity Rush, Disgaea 4, and Persona 4.

I have 9 PSP games that are on the PSN, out of which I play around 5 reasonably often, and the only 1 I don't revisit is FFTWotL. So I do intend to replace them.
"The Bible tends to be printed on special thin paper to allow it to be read without divine intervention."

User Info: DemonDog666

DemonDog666
5 years ago#9
Dorami posted...
There are a few Vita games that interest me: Gravity Rush, Disgaea 4, and Persona 4.

I have 9 PSP games that are on the PSN, out of which I play around 5 reasonably often, and the only 1 I don't revisit is FFTWotL. So I do intend to replace them.

You'd probably be better off getting a psp at this point then, hell even if you had a vita it'd be cheaper to buy a psp then replace them most likely.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
5 years ago#10
Dorami posted...

Disgaea 4 is not available on vita, Disgaea 3 is.
Persona 4 is not out yet.
I'd say if you want to keep and play a lot of psp games, get a new psp.
If you want to play Disgaea 3, get a vita too.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Replace with Vita or 3000?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived