Is Abe's Exoddus really THAT hard.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Abe's Exoddus really THAT hard.

User Info: maiden1993

maiden1993
5 years ago#1
I've heard nothing but good things about the game, but I also heard that it's REALLY goddamn hard.

Normally, I would be all for it; but I'm looking for something a little casual (Not child-like, but not mind-numbingly difficult either) at the moment.

So, what's the verdict?

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
5 years ago#2
It's not hard, it just doesn't play itself for you like most games these days.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: Darmik

Darmik
5 years ago#3
It's hard more in a "wtf am I meant to do" kind of way. Not in a frustrating I shouldn't have died kind of way.

It's not a frustrating game but it's still hard if that makes sense.
(@'.')-@(>x_x)> ^(0_0^) (^0_0)^ (>-_-)>
http://i.imgur.com/ErHoT.gif

User Info: Lawman_316

Lawman_316
5 years ago#4
Trust me. BOTH Oddworld games are brutal. They're even more brutal if you want to save the mudokans, which is necessary to get any ending that doesn't suck. I love the games, but in my opinion, if you're not looking for a difficult game you should steer clear.
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... At least I always fought for what I believed in."

User Info: ICO_KID

ICO_KID
5 years ago#5
like it's Adventure/ platformer Forefather, Another World, it's just a case of trial and error until you know how to react in each situation.
-
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/Icokid/enad-1.jpg - Hi folks!
"Goodbye's too good a word, babe. So I'll just say fare thee well" Bob Dylan

User Info: lunchEATSyou

lunchEATSyou
5 years ago#6
If you plan on achieving 100% completion then yes. Other wise it's not bad.
"I come to GameFAQs to be an a-hole and create strife /hate on forum message boards." - GeassMaster

User Info: StrikeNinja24

StrikeNinja24
5 years ago#7
At least the second one has quicksave, which can save at any point if you feel like there's a risk coming up. It's all about timing and execution, as you rarely have weapons and will get killed over and over again if you're caught doing something wrong. Think of it like a puzzle game with heavy emphasis on platforming and you'd have a better idea of what it's like.
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin

User Info: mhayes86

mhayes86
5 years ago#8
I wasn't even in my teens when I first played it and I found it challenging, but definitely not hard. Some of the puzzles can be tricky and timing can get frustrating if you're going for a perfect run, though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Abe's Exoddus really THAT hard.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived