Cross Game Chat question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Cross Game Chat question

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
5 years ago#1
I don't yet own a Vita, but will next month. However, I will be the first of my friends to do so. I was wondering with the Party Chat, can I only chat with Vita players, or does it extend to PS3's Voice Chat? It would be helpful if I could chat with my buddies from their PS3's but not essential... Any help would be appreciated.
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler

User Info: FullMetalPanic

FullMetalPanic
5 years ago#2
I don't yet own a Vita, but will next month. However, I will be the first of my friends to do so. I was wondering with the Party Chat, can I only chat with Vita players, or does it extend to PS3's Voice Chat? It would be helpful if I could chat with my buddies from their PS3's but not essential... Any help would be appreciated.

As far as I'm concerned, you cannot voice chat with PS3 users.
[_Current Systems_]
| PS2 slim | PS3 | PSP-3000 | PSVita | N64 | Wii | GBC | GBA SP | DSi XL | 3DS XL |

User Info: Arok2092

Arok2092
5 years ago#3
Can't voice chat with PS3 and probably never will be able to. Sony has stated that its a lack of memory in the PS3 which is not circumvented by software.
Henshin-a-go-go baby!

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
5 years ago#4
Arok2092 posted...
Can't voice chat with PS3 and probably never will be able to. Sony has stated that its a lack of memory in the PS3 which is not circumvented by software.

I think your mistaking a lack of RAM for the RAM being 100% reserved for the game that's being run
If you igla when you should have RPG'ed, you're gonna have a bad time
PSN: Spetsnaz420
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Cross Game Chat question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived