Anybody else more a handheld gamer more then console ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Anybody else more a handheld gamer more then console ?

User Info: snakeyes01

snakeyes01
5 years ago#1
I love handhelds more then console. I mean my 1st ever video game system was a the reg gameboy and i still have it :D
3ds fc 5112-4351-8572 / GT yunrocks vita psn Biggielil23 " I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated."

User Info: AzurexNightmare

AzurexNightmare
5 years ago#2
I'm 50-50

Although I am enjoying persona 4 handheld more than i did home console
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
5 years ago#3
I'm 95 / 5, handheld over console / computer. Frankly, I don't have a TV on which to hook my 360, so it is over at my brother's house (He has his own 360 as well). I use it to play Borderlands 2 with my brother... and that's it right now. My last 360 got jacked along with my games and TV, and I didn't see the point in replacing the stuff for awhile. The only reason I have the 360 is that it came with my new laptop.
On the other hand I have both a 3DS and a Vita, and last gen had a DS and a PSP. I can play games while any TVs get other uses, and I can take portable systems more places.
Plus, the computer games I play tend to be really old, like Warcraft III and TFT, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge (and sometimes 3), Heroes of Might and Magic 2, the original Starcraft and Brood Wars.

So yeah, I am almost entirely a handheld gamer, just 'cause it's more versatile to me.
I even want to get that NeoGeo X, as sick as that sounds... I mean, I may not, but then again... I might.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
5 years ago#4
The Vita has gotten me thinking about that. Haven't played my ps3 now in 2 months because of that handy little device. Currently playing p4g and little kings story.

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
5 years ago#5
Ive always played a lot more handheld games because I'm very mobile. These days its more 50/50 tho
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
5 years ago#6
Pre vita:

50% PS3
40% 360
10% wii

Post Vita:

60% Vita
40% PS3
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
5 years ago#7
I play a lot more PC games than anything else since I built a high end rig. Then I'd say I play my PS3 quite a bit more than my 360 except recently due to Halo(only reason I kept my 360, Halo & Forza). My Vita does get its usage but in more short bursts since the games I have on it lend themselves to short playtimes. I don't find myself spending a lot of time on wipeout, Little Big Planet, super stardust, and PSAllStars. More like short bursts at a time.

Although now that I have Persona 4 Golden, GravityRush, and Jet Set Radio on Vita...who knows.
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
5 years ago#8
PC 70%
Vita 15%
Board 10%
PS3 5%
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden

User Info: Rotuhiiri

Rotuhiiri
5 years ago#9
I'm mainly a handheld gamer nowadays. I still play and enjoy console/PC games but I prefer the intimate feeling of playing a handheld.

I have awesome-looking games like Arkham City, Resident Evil 6 (maybe not awesome) and Dragon's Dogma all here at home wrapped in plastic while I keep playing my handhelds. It's just so much easier taking out and playing for short bursts.
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
5 years ago#10
Normally, I vastly prefer my handhelds. The ratio was about 3/4 handheld favor. Not maybe it's only about 3/5 handheld favor. I found some console games I liked and put together a more convenient gaming setup :P

Also as of the past couple of months

PSP>Vita>PS3>3DS>DS+GBA>=PC>>>>>>>>>>Wii In terms of playtime
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Anybody else more a handheld gamer more then console ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived