Is Persona 4 Golden A Worthwhile Purchase?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Persona 4 Golden A Worthwhile Purchase?

User Info: PlayaMadeTxn05

PlayaMadeTxn05
4 years ago#1
I have $82 in my wallet and have been somewhat interested in purchasing Persona 4. I haven't really purchased anything in a while, mainly waiting for sales. My question is, what about it makes it so addicting and is it worth $40 or should I wait to see if it'll end up on the PS+ free game or discount list?
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon

PlayaMadeTxn05
4 years ago#2
Also, I've never played any of the Persona series.
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon

User Info: thechrono

thechrono
4 years ago#3
persona 4 is one if not the best game on the vita right now! you get your moneys worth plus more.
"for this dreamers dream i am the only one who dreams of home you see".

User Info: Hydra_Gundam_

Hydra_Gundam_
4 years ago#4
I really liked P3. P4 not so much. I'll tell you now, there is A TON of dialogue. Its a quality game but depends on your preferances.

User Info: mike_411

mike_411
4 years ago#5
definetely worth it if you enjoy jrpgs.
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D

User Info: 13_Tanks

13_Tanks
4 years ago#6
Like someone mentioned there is a lot of dialogue. Up until the first dungeon I felt like I was playing a Visual Novel at times. But honestly I am hooked. This game has almost everything you could want out of an awesome RPG. I've only beaten the first two bosses but I can already tell I'm going to love this game.
PSN: Mr_Nicolas_Cage

User Info: inuyasha1031

inuyasha1031
4 years ago#7
Totally worth the admission price. You'll get a good 80 hours of gameplay.
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg

User Info: Sosdoc

Sosdoc
4 years ago#8
If you like or don't mind anime/manga centered around high school you'll be in for a treat.

I was new to the Persona series but I got it yesterday and man, it's difficult to put down.

User Info: zinsindetta

zinsindetta
4 years ago#9
Persona 4 is an amazing game. Yes it has a lot of dialogue so it is not for shallow gamers.
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta

PlayaMadeTxn05
4 years ago#10
I'm not into anime heavily, but I do enjoy certain shows. The very first anime I saw was Dragonball Z, and that was in middle school. One of my favorite shows of all time. And I also enjoyed Bleach, Shin Chan, and Desert Punk. I've watched a little bit of Demon King Daimao, but...it's different to say the least lol

I'm a huge fan of RPG's, especially JRPG's, but I'm always weary about jumping into a series I know nothing about, especially this late into the series (the 4th sequel). And because I'm a lot older now and don't game as much as I do, I want to jump into something that I know I'll get my money's worth.

Are there lots of secrets? Like weapons or characters?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is Persona 4 Golden A Worthwhile Purchase?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived