Notifications for app/game updates

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Notifications for app/game updates

User Info: enkeixpress_

enkeixpress_
4 years ago#1
Hey, a little while ago I used the YouTube app, apart from it crashing with errors occasionally as usual, it did its job. Only what I didn't realize was that there was an 'improve software stability' update available to download for it which actually more or less fixed the errors. I'm not sure why I didn't notice there was an update at first, I think it's cause the orange icon takes a little while to appear the first time it's discovered.

So what I think needs to be done is that there needs to be notifications appearing/shown on the home screen/notificatioms bar whenever new updates are made available for any apps/games that you happen to have on your system.

Or at least have an 'An update is available for this app/game' upon opening the app/game. Anything is better than an little orange icon that can be easily missed.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you agree with this idea & if so, how do you think it should be done. :)
*holds arms out* I have spoken.

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
4 years ago#2
I've PS+ and it notifies me about the update and even appeared on the lock screen w/ "New YouTube App Software ready to be updated" with the PS+ plus (+) sign next to it. I'm not sure if you have to be a PS+ to receive such notifications or you need to periodically refresh the app to see if there's new updates.. by refresh I meant the icon at the top next to the manual.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Notifications for app/game updates

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived