Just got myself a Vita....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Just got myself a Vita....

User Info: RRoDeath

RRoDeath
4 years ago#1
I just picked up the Wifi Vita on Monday, and I must say that it is quite an impressive little machine. I really love how they finally implemented a second analog stick (Makes FPS SOOO much easier).

The only games I have right now though are:

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater HD
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Oddworld; Strangers Wrath (loved this game on Xbox and was so pumped to see it on vita)
Untold Legends: The Warriors Code (PSP)
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Uncharted Golden Abyss.

I am trying to find some other good FPS games or RPG's. Can anyone recommend any from either genre that are "must own" titles? I also have a membership to Playstation Plus, so I plan to pick up more games once I get my new memory card (Only have two of the 4gb cards right now, but ordered a 16gb)

Anyway though, moral of the story is that the Vita is more impressive than I had imagined it would be.
Whenever it says "hit X" I say "but that's why I got arrested last time" --CaPwnD

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
4 years ago#2
Congratulations on your purchase, I'm glad you like it. :-)

If you're receptive to game recommendations these are must own(in my opinion)

Persona 4 Golden
Disgaea 3
Touch My Katamari
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Mortal Kombat
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: gray_fox_00

gray_fox_00
4 years ago#3
Just download every PS+ instant game collection game even if you doing have space just to get it in you download history.

Hope you enjoy it. Let me know how you like COD.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice

User Info: Mcnugget2256

Mcnugget2256
4 years ago#4
Well I hate to burst your bubble...but Vita only has 2 "known" fps, and you own one of them. The other one is Resistance. Both are absolute garbage.

As for RPGs, I know of quite a few. The ones I've played are Persona 4 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I promise you will love both of them. Ragnarok is pretty repetitive, don't recommend.
Currently playing: P4G, Hitman, Pokemon White 2, Halo 4, FarC3
Waiting for: GTA5, BF4, The Last Of Us, Pokemon X.

User Info: RRoDeath

RRoDeath
4 years ago#5
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting Mortal Kombat for the vita, but does it still have the RPG(ish) Konquest mode in it? That was honestly my biggest enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat.

I also forgot to mention I bought MK:Unchained just for it's Konquest mode lol....what can I say though, I am hooked on that game
(#[ ]#) - PS Vita (OFW 2.05)
(2)4gb MC's & 6 games

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
4 years ago#6
RRoDeath posted...
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting Mortal Kombat for the vita, but does it still have the RPG(ish) Konquest mode in it? That was honestly my biggest enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat.

I also forgot to mention I bought MK:Unchained just for it's Konquest mode lol....what can I say though, I am hooked on that game

Zomg you like the Konquest mode as well? I thought I was the only person on the planet who liked it. Unfortunately it isn't in this version. :-(

I really loved the story mode in it though. :-)
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: xxtearg0dxx

xxtearg0dxx
4 years ago#7
Resistance is pretty good for a shooter game, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's a must have but it's pretty good.

User Info: S_T_O_N_E_

S_T_O_N_E_
4 years ago#8
I highly recommend dokuro off the PSN store for $9.99. It's a puzzle game and makes use of the vitas features. Very hard too. You play as a minion of a devil who tries to save a captured princess from the devils castle and try to prevent him from marrying her. It's pretty comical and fun. I love it. And has a buttload of trophies if you're a trophy person.
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.

User Info: ps3_gamer_norge

ps3_gamer_norge
4 years ago#9
Download treasure of mountezuma blitz (free) and buy playstation +.

Steer clear from all the vita fps games. They suck. Killzone Mercenaries might be good, but that dosent release until september.

Those are my oly reccomendations.

User Info: BigG777

BigG777
4 years ago#10
the vita is surprisingly lacking in rpgs. persona 4 and disgaea 3 are probably the best right now. there are a bunch of great psp rpgs on the store though. PS 1 classics are nice too.

also in case you havent heard, sony is having an event right now were if you get a referral from someone and enter your vita's serial number you pretty much get a free $20 psn card code.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Just got myself a Vita....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived