Will vita get a decent rpg that's not a port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Will vita get a decent rpg that's not a port?

User Info: bulletproven50

bulletproven50
4 years ago#1
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#2
that YS game about the ocean or something.
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~

User Info: xenos74

xenos74
4 years ago#3
Bancario51 posted...
that YS game about the ocean or something.

That would be Ys: Memories of Celceta, or in JP Ys: Celceta no jukai (if tc wants to look it up).

It looks great IMO, can't wait till fall to play it

User Info: bluedmon

bluedmon
4 years ago#4
bulletproven50 posted...
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12

User Info: carsauce

carsauce
4 years ago#5
Ys: Memories of Celceta is NOT a port.
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous

User Info: bulletproven50

bulletproven50
4 years ago#6
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
4 years ago#7
bulletproven50 posted...
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)

You are missing his point. Many of the great games for the PSP were released 2-4 years after the system was released. For most of the world the Vita has been out less than a year. IE look for another year (year 2) before we get them.
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
4 years ago#8
Ports aren't necessarily a bad thing, although the Vita does need some new RPG's for the system.

Currently, the only legitimately new RPG's for the Vita are Ys: Memories of Celceta, Valhalla Knights 3, Demons Gaze and Dragon Fantasy.
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: melchiahdim

melchiahdim
4 years ago#9
RPGs take a long time to develop. 3DS is only just starting to get some. New ones will be made, just be patient.

I'm just happy because I never played Disgaea 3 or Persona 4 on consoles, so they are new to me.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928

User Info: wolf_blitzer85

wolf_blitzer85
4 years ago#10
I think dungeon crawlers are less expensive to develop (but I could be wrong thar).

Why not a new Breath of Fire?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Will vita get a decent rpg that's not a port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived