Memory Card Alternative?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Memory Card Alternative?

User Info: FF_Fiend

FF_Fiend
4 years ago#1
Sorry in advance for the noobish questions. I bought the system at launch with a 16gb card and am finally at the point where I can't put anything else on it, and don't want to get rid of anything already on that card either. And I desperately need to download Sly Cooper: TiT on my Vita. So I'm looking at the 32 gb card.

Question 1: Is this the largest card currently available for Vita? Is there a 64gb card for sale anywhere?

Question 2: Will any other brand or type of card work? Or are the Vita specific cards all that we can use?

Question 3: Anyone know where I can snag one on the cheap? Or is 100 bucks for a 32 gb vita card inescapable? I really don't want to drop a hundy on a system that I only paid 250 for just to be able to download stuff.
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg

User Info: Fallen_Lord

Fallen_Lord
4 years ago#2
1. Yes. Unknown at this time

2. No. Yes

3. Check amazon and new egg

User Info: Nerdstick

Nerdstick
4 years ago#3
You can pick up a 32GB for 80 on eBay and perhaps other sources, but do you really need all that space? While I've admittedly filled my 4GB due to PSN+, I'm going all retail so I don't need any more..

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
4 years ago#4
Nerdstick posted...
You can pick up a 32GB for 80 on eBay and perhaps other sources, but do you really need all that space? While I've admittedly filled my 4GB due to PSN+, I'm going all retail so I don't need any more..

got mine for $60 one bay

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
4 years ago#5
smelly_boob posted...
Nerdstick posted...

got mine for $60 one bay

WHy is your boob smelly?
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative

User Info: BizzyBum

BizzyBum
4 years ago#6
I'd hold off on buying any memory cards until the 20th. It's possible Sony might reveal a new Vita model with a price drop on both the Vita and the memory cards.
I'm bored at work...

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 years ago#7
BizzyBum posted...
I'd hold off on buying any memory cards until the 20th. It's possible Sony might reveal a new Vita model with a price drop on both the Vita and the memory cards.

Don't you think the Vita already got enough of a price drop already?
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
4 years ago#8
I got a 4 gb card with the system, and after downloading only demos I realized that I needed a bigger one (Resistance demo is 3.1 gb!) So, when I downloaded AC:L I had to buy a 8 gb card.

I would love to see an adapter to use my PSP memory sticks now. That would be the most awesome thing ever.
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Memory Card Alternative?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived