The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

New to the Metal Gear series : Is the MGS HD Collection good for a start?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New to the Metal Gear series : Is the MGS HD Collection good for a start?

User Info: Sami1000

Sami1000
4 years ago#11
If you want to play mgs games in right order (storywise) then:

1964 - Virtuous Mission - Operation Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3
1970 - San Hieronymo Takeover - Metal Gear Solid: Portal Ops (PSP, not available on Vita unless it's available for transfer from a PS3).
1972 - Les Enfants Terribles Project - ??
1974 - Peace Walker Incident - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP/PS3, Need PS3 for PSP-to-Vita download)
1995 - Outer Heaven Uprising - Metal Gear (MSX Included with MGS3 HD edition or collection)
1999 - Zanzibar Land Disturbance - Metal Gear 2 (MSX Included with MGS3 HD edition or collection)
2005 - Shadow Moses Incident - Metal Gear Solid (ps1 classic)
2007 - Tanker Incident - Metal Gear Solid 2
2009 - Big Shell Incident - Metal Gear Solid 2
2014 - Liquid Sun - Solid Sun - Third Sun - Twin Suns - Old Sun - Naked Sin - ??

I copied this from other forum. You can play mgs 3, P. ops, peace walker, both old school games which come with vita's hd collection, mgs 1 and mgs 2. All these on vita.

User Info: plo617

plo617
4 years ago#12
I suggest that you try to (at least) watch the first game. To be honest, I was never into the first Metal Gear Solid. I got into the series with Metal Gear Solid 2. I only played that and Peacewalker, so I'm trying to play all of them (even the two that I already played) so that I can better understand the story.

I purchased MGS on PSN and I really do not find it enjoyable. It seems that without the nostalgia attached to it, it's just a very dated game. So my advice is to watch a video if you can and just get the MGS HD collection and MGS 4.

User Info: Mickleohb

Mickleohb
4 years ago#13
BahamutBBob posted...
If you want to play the entire series in order of release, the HD collection has MG1 and 2 as bonuses with MGS3.

MGS1 has a text summary of (I believe) both MG games just so you kind of know what happened.

I agree the others that you should start with MGS1. The controls aren't great and the graphics are pretty awful, but I still really enjoy it.
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. New to the Metal Gear series : Is the MGS HD Collection good for a start?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived