RUMOR: Full PS4/Vita Slim details leaked ahead of Sony's conference.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. RUMOR: Full PS4/Vita Slim details leaked ahead of Sony's conference.

User Info: DunGoofd

DunGoofd
4 years ago#1
Stolen from CE (__Cam__), which was stolen from somewhere else

Console:
* Uses a 4-core AMD CPU, and an AMD GPU performing similarly to the Radeon HD 7XXX series of GPU's. Is the "most open" console Sony's ever developed.
* The hardware makes sure that there will be 1080p, 60FPS, anti-alised "standard" for games. The console supports 4K displays, and future games will reflect that.
* Uses a proprietary Blu Ray laser + drive that reads/loads content up to 2.5x as fast as the PS3.
* Can interact with smartphones/tablets and vice versa. The PS4 can mirror full games directly to a tablet, while (theoretically) someone else can browse the PSN Store or watch a movie.
* Can be used as a STB/DVR for certain cable providers.
* Will launch in Q4 2013.

Controller:
* Resembles a more ergonomical DualShock 3, but with updated motifs like glassy buttons, concave thumbsticks, a larger D-Pad, and larger handles.
* Has a small, Vita-like touchpad on the front of the controller, though it isn't "in the way", so to speak. The touchpad itself also acts as a clickable (tactile) button.
* Features a gyroscope and an IR-sensitive bar to improve upon the Sixaxis' motion controls.

System Software:
* Sony's retiring the XMB in favor of a new, customizable 3D UI.
* PlayStation Cloud - Game saves, PSN info, trophy data, etc. saved to a single profile in the cloud. Certain PSN games can be streamed directly to the PS4 at a cheaper price than a full purchase.
* PS Home will be replaced with a social network-like platform where PSN users can post in discussion boards about games, talk in chat rooms, or meet new friends.
* Developers can use their own graphics and sounds for PSN notifications, trophy unlocking, and other parts of the System Software's UI such as keyboards.

PS Vita Slim:
* Slightly smaller than the existing Vita, resulting in higher pixel density.
* Improved battery life by 1-2 hours.
* Added HDMI + USB ports.
* Price dropped to $189 and $229 for the WiFi and 3G versions.
* Releasing in May.

User Info: EvilSock1990

EvilSock1990
4 years ago#2
* Can interact with smartphones/tablets and vice versa. The PS4 can mirror full games directly to a tablet, while (theoretically) someone else can browse the PSN Store or watch a movie.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

User Info: archedsoul

archedsoul
4 years ago#3
* Resembles a more ergonomical DualShock 3, but with updated motifs like glassy buttons, concave thumbsticks, a larger D-Pad, and larger handles.
* Has a small, Vita-like touchpad on the front of the controller, though it isn't "in the way", so to speak. The touchpad itself also acts as a clickable (tactile) button.

Sounds like the PS4 dev kit controller.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ps4-devkit-controller.jpg

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
4 years ago#4
"PS Home will be replaced with a social network-like platform where PSN users can post in discussion boards about games, talk in chat rooms, or meet new friends.."

That sounds a lot like certain feature on the other system. This, and that tablet connectivity...

Shame on you, Sony!
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.

User Info: blackman232

blackman232
4 years ago#5
Oh hell ya about PS VITA ! I'm not liking home consoles anymore. Wish Luck to Sony, but I sure the hell wish SEGA was still here in the console wars :(
R.I.P. Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Genesis

User Info: LinkMaster2703

LinkMaster2703
4 years ago#6
If Sony released a PSVita Slim (which I doubt they will), I would be pretty livid. How about some new games instead of throwing early adopters under the bus?
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke

User Info: fEARtHEgOOCH

fEARtHEgOOCH
4 years ago#7
As long as they don't make the physical Vita games obsolete, I'm happy with my current purchase. That HDMI out would be nice, but I plan on finally getting a PS3 soon so it wouldn't be all that useful.
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Persona 4, King of Fighters XIII

User Info: The_Limit

The_Limit
4 years ago#8
Playstation Home being replaced makes me sad. I wish they'd make it accessible for Vita.
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/kxUP31K.jpg

User Info: darkphiresage

darkphiresage
4 years ago#9
more interested in what they're gonna do with gaikai to be honest. i wish they'd tell us.
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
4 years ago#10
If those are the differences with a new Vita, there's a good chance I'll stick with my current system.
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. RUMOR: Full PS4/Vita Slim details leaked ahead of Sony's conference.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived