preowned vita problems please help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. preowned vita problems please help

User Info: Demon_Talade

Demon_Talade
4 years ago#1
So I bought I pre owned vita today and I noticed I can't do anything. Now there is still a psn account tied to it that I don't have a password for obviously. When I try to do a complete system format it requires me to log into this other guys account, which I can't. Every help topic I've read says you can just format but for some reason it won't let me.

Thanks in advance!
Bowgunners > Everyone else

User Info: Golden_Mean

Golden_Mean
4 years ago#2
Have you tried holding the power button for a long (and I'm talking about 30 seconds here) time until the system reboots with several options, one of them being to format it?
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon

User Info: Nerdstick

Nerdstick
4 years ago#3
A system wipe should give you a PSN login screen that you can enter your own info into..

User Info: Demon_Talade

Demon_Talade
4 years ago#4
im getting an error message saying I must log in with the account that is tied to the system. And I held in the power button for about a minute and nothing happened.
Bowgunners > Everyone else

User Info: dedrick123

dedrick123
4 years ago#5
Have you tried taking the memory stick out?

User Info: aerrol13

aerrol13
4 years ago#6
you have to completely turn it off (by pressing the power button more than 5 seconds)
then you have to press and hold the R trigger button, the PS button and the power button..
you should be in the recovery menu then and choose to completely wipe the PS Vita...
be aware that everything in that vita will be deleted and not to be recovered anymore so if you have pictures or files you should transfer them on your pc
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. preowned vita problems please help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived