Should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Craigt1989

Craigt1989
4 years ago#1
So I am considering trading in a bunch of games for a vita, 20 or so games.

I would be getting the WI-FI with probably 8bg memory card and PSN Plus for 12 months, downloading Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden and Gravity Rush (and more if there are) all for free with PSN plus.

I probably wouldnt buy many games and instead sort of rely on the PSN plus free games for my Vita gaming, I would buy some games obviously like Persona 4 looks amazing for example.

I currently attend college and the Vita would make the hour breaks I have actually not boring and using my phone isnt really cutting it, I want big games to play when there.

So you think this is a good idea to get a Vita?

ps If I have PSN plus and download the games, do I need to be connected to WI-FI to play the games or does it know I have an active account on my Vita without connecting to the internet?
CM HAF 912 | i5 2500K | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB Intel SSD, 1TB & 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F3's | MSI Twinfrozr II GTX 560ti | Windows 7 64 Bit | LG 1920 X 1080

User Info: The_Limit

The_Limit
4 years ago#2
Yes!
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: DOA Paradise and DOA5+
Tina Armstrong <3 http://i.imgur.com/OIoyp4U.jpg

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
4 years ago#3

IMO, no. I don't understand why people are desperate to trade in games. Especially since you only get crumbs back
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Persona 4 Golden(PSV), Persona 4 Arena(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3) & BlazBlue CSE(PSV)

User Info: FindmeElseweyr

FindmeElseweyr
4 years ago#4
Have you ever owned a PSP?
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf

Craigt1989
4 years ago#5
TheExiled280 posted...

IMO, no. I don't understand why people are desperate to trade in games. Especially since you only get crumbs back

Most of the games (almost all) I own on Xbox AND PC. So I wouldnt lose out on much other than my precious collection...that I literally havent played in at least 2 years.

EDIT: Also I had a PSP, got rid (gave to my nephew) of it as I couldnt live with UMD's and I didnt want to buy the UMD's I owned already on the PSN store. I dont like carrying games with a portable games console.
CM HAF 912 | i5 2500K | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB Intel SSD, 1TB & 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F3's | MSI Twinfrozr II GTX 560ti | Windows 7 64 Bit | LG 1920 X 1080

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
4 years ago#6
TheExiled280 posted...

Most of the games (almost all) I own on Xbox AND PC. So I wouldnt lose out on much other than my precious collection...that I literally havent played in at least 2 years.

last time i checked, you can't trade PC games
God Eater 2 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/KKm_TC53Cvs

Craigt1989
4 years ago#7
TheExiled280 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

last time i checked, you can trade PC games

Sorry, to clarify, I would be trading in Xbox games, I dont play it very often, and I pretty much only play my PC now.

User Info: FindmeElseweyr

FindmeElseweyr
4 years ago#8
EDIT: Also I had a PSP, got rid (gave to my nephew) of it as I couldnt live with UMD's and I didnt want to buy the UMD's I owned already on the PSN store. I dont like carrying games with a portable games console.

Buy a new PSP. You can get a PSP, and a 32GB card for pretty cheap. You can also download a vast majority of PSP and PS1 games, as well as do "other" things with it, that uh... you can't do with the Vita yet. Pretty simple to do nowadays too.

If all you're looking for is a time killer, then yeah the PSP would definitely serve you much much better, since the majority of games worth playing on the Vita are PSP/PS1 games and phone games anyways.
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf

User Info: Nophoria88

Nophoria88
4 years ago#9
Yes, the Vita is pretty awesome. PS1 classics look great on it, can play a lot of the PSP titles and has a steller amount of Vita titles available.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
4 years ago#10
I'd say a Vita with PS+ is pretty cost effective, well, ignoring the cost of 32 gb memory cards that is.
I'd go 32 gb with PS+ if I were you : PS+ is more than 1 big game each month. Maybe 4 gb every month.
You don't need to keep all of them at the same time but 32 gb is already kind of too small for my tastes.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived