Nintendo 3DS vs. Vita

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Nintendo 3DS vs. Vita

User Info: kerafnoob

kerafnoob
3 years ago#1
Yesterday i started a topic on the 3Ds asking for game advice, because i have a Nintendo 3Ds almost since release and I am stuck with 3 Games in total.

The 3 Games I own for 3 Ds are Samurai Warriors, DoA and Mario 3D (did not really want this , got this with the console)

I was asking for 3 game types:

- Hack & Slay like DW ,Ninja Gaiden, DmC
- RPGs (3D ones)
- Fighting Games

I got little to no response , only mentioning Games which are generally accepted by ppl as good games but which personally do not appeal to me.

So i am asking here if I should get a Vita and if the Vita has Games that fit my taste.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 years ago#2
Well, there are 2 Ninja Gaiden games out I believe, and for RPGs there is Ragnarok Odyssey, although I don't know how good that one is as I've never played it. Also, there is MGS HD Collection if you like stealth/action adventure games.

For fighting games, I'd suggest waiting till DoA is out for the Vita.
PSN: Zero_Maniac623

kerafnoob
3 years ago#3
Zero_Maniac posted...
Well, there are 2 Ninja Gaiden games out I believe, and for RPGs there is Ragnarok Odyssey, although I don't know how good that one is as I've never played it. Also, there is MGS HD Collection if you like stealth/action adventure games.

any other decent Fighters except DoA?

User Info: darkphiresage

darkphiresage
3 years ago#4
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

blaz blue, MvC3, PSABR, i think there's a guilty gear or sumthin?, street fighterxtekken, mortal kombat
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 years ago#5
Well, I've heard PS All-Stars is decent.
PSN: Zero_Maniac623

User Info: SmoshCuch

SmoshCuch
3 years ago#6
kerafnoob posted...

Well, the system will probably at least see a GoW eventually, and there's 2 from PSP on the PSN if you haven't played those yet. There's also Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation.

- RPGs (3D ones)

There's a few coming out. There was a ton on the PSP, and I wouldn't be surprised if this system got a lot also. Again, there's also the PSP's library if you haven't played those already.

- Fighting Games

There's already a bunch out, and will probably be more. Another category that the PSP was pretty strong in.

So i am asking here if I should get a Vita and if the Vita has Games that fit my taste.

I would say that it sounds like a decent fit for you. At least look at the library to see what appeals to you. You could also pick up a cheap PSP, if you want to wait for Vita to build a bigger library.

User Info: elluink

elluink
3 years ago#7
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

Vita excels at fighting games. I don't think any of the fighting games are bad.

Blazblue
UMvC 3
SFxTekken
Playstation all stars(if you consider it as fighting game)
Mortal Kombat

all are decent games.
As for rpgs there is persone 4 golden which is great.
dynasty warriors next is good didnt play ninja gaiden but they say those are decent as well.

kerafnoob
3 years ago#8
SmoshCuch posted...
kerafnoob posted...

Well, the system will probably at least see a GoW eventually, and there's 2 from PSP on the PSN if you haven't played those yet. There's also Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation.

- RPGs (3D ones)

There's a few coming out. There was a ton on the PSP, and I wouldn't be surprised if this system got a lot also. Again, there's also the PSP's library if you haven't played those already.

- Fighting Games

There's already a bunch out, and will probably be more. Another category that the PSP was pretty strong in.

I would say that it sounds like a decent fit for you. At least look at the library to see what appeals to you. You could also pick up a cheap PSP, if you want to wait for Vita to build a bigger library.

I already have a PSP, but thought the 3Ds looked promising with a DoA at launch and Samurai Warriors (one of my favorite game series).....

I heard that Persona 4 is on the Vita as well. Isn't the battle system in 3D ? P3P had 3D battles at least

kerafnoob
3 years ago#9
elluink posted...
kerafnoob posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

Vita excels at fighting games. I don't think any of the fighting games are bad.

Blazblue
UMvC 3
SFxTekken
Playstation all stars(if you consider it as fighting game)
Mortal Kombat

all are decent games.
As for rpgs there is persone 4 golden which is great.
dynasty warriors next is good didnt play ninja gaiden but they say those are decent as well.

a nice library of fighting games , well except for Street Fighter :)

User Info: Shadowfxd2

Shadowfxd2
3 years ago#10
If you want games, get 3DS. If you want to wait for games, get VIta.
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Nintendo 3DS vs. Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived