Persona 1 and 2 sales; should I get them?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Persona 1 and 2 sales; should I get them?

User Info: Jim200

Jim200
3 years ago#1
With the recent sale of Persona 1 to 9.99 and Persona 2 to 14.99 today, I'd like to know whether to buy them or not to fully get my experience of the Shin Megami Tensei series.

And then I'd like to know if I should get the 3DS Shin Megami Tensei games.
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi

User Info: NebulaEmpire

NebulaEmpire
3 years ago#2
Just my two cents, I loved P3 and 4, but hated 2.

Well, I really didn't get far enough into 2 to hate it, since I quit after about 2 hours. The encounter rate is incredibly high and there's a weird "interact with demon" option that takes forever since there's an animation for every option. Game just feels way slower and more dated then P3 and 4.

User Info: OmegaWeaponGean

OmegaWeaponGean
3 years ago#3
Don't buy them unless you LOVE persona to DEATH.

User Info: Nightmare637

Nightmare637
3 years ago#4
I love the p2 dualogy and p1.

they're kind of dated concerning gameplay though so if your willing to get through it I'd get them.
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.

User Info: Jim200

Jim200
3 years ago#5
Oh. Persona is not in my top 3 unfortunately so I'll just watch story playthroughs of 1 and 2 on Youtube.

Thanks for the heads up guys!
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi

User Info: Biskmatar100

Biskmatar100
3 years ago#6
I actually recommend Persona 2: Innocent Sin, not only as a Persona game, but as a great old-school RPG game. Atlus polished the combat from the PS1 and made it much more streamlined. IMO, it had a better story than P3 (*flame shield up*) if packed both IS and EP's story, but IS stands on its own as great. I loved the presentation of P2 as well.

Be warned that if you play P2: EP after P2: IS (PSP version, of course), EP might feel like a step back due to that lack of combat polish, but it still feels like a solid RPG.

Now, Persona 1...is hard to recommend to anyone unless they like old-school first person dungeon crawling with insanely high encounter rates and a penchant for pain. That is one that I must tell people to skip. :(

For the 3DS SMT games, Devil Survivor: Overclocked is a fantastic game and SRPG. With the addition of voice acting, the story comes more to life. The game is highly replayable with its 4-6 endings (I forget how many) and extended ending compared to the first game. They balanced the game out from the original as well. If you enjoyed DS:O, then Devil Survivor 2 for the DS (A 3DS remake is slated for release in Japan atm) is an excellent followup. SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is on the horizon and it looks great as well.
PSN/SteamID-Biskmatar100
Video Game Blog-jumpygamer.tumblr.com
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Persona 1 and 2 sales; should I get them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived