Question about importing / swapping to a different Vita model

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Question about importing / swapping to a different Vita model

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
3 years ago#1
lets say i import a japanese vita, and im using an american one now, and i want to put my memory card and all of my american psn games onto that vita.

would i have to buy another memory card, or can i deactivate the american psn vita, put the memory card in the japanese one and be cool using the american PSN store and games / saves?

furthermore, would i need to use a japanese memory card, or is it as simple as get new vita, deactivate this one, put memory card in and im good?

thanks.

User Info: Nerdstick

Nerdstick
3 years ago#2
It's as simple as popping it in and logging in, although the X/O buttons might be reversed on a Japanese model. They aren't region locked. Nor are memory cards.

User Info: Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera
3 years ago#3
Nerdstick posted...
It's as simple as popping it in and logging in, although the X/O buttons might be reversed on a Japanese model. They aren't region locked. Nor are memory cards.

This is a common misconception. The X/O buttons on the console are not reversed (unless you set the language to Japanese), it is just within the games. I have a Japanese Vita and my non-Japanese games use X for select and O for cancel/back.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Question about importing / swapping to a different Vita model

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived